New TEPUI RTT--JEEP

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: OK, Box Rocket--I gotit Wed-the KOKENAM "Mountain Roar"

001_zps3125b80c.jpg

002_zpscd35708d.jpg

004_zps664c519e.jpg

Package arrived in a BIG TRUCK as long as my block and ONE little old man--so we wrestled it into my garage and there was no damage, so I signed forit-

I was able to moveit around and thanks to my RACOR hoist--I was able to putit on top of my jeep (76")-

That was all the easy part, My rack is one of MBRPs Prototypes and there are a lot of welded bkts on all the cross bars-so none of the supplied attachment plates were used, just three of the SS M8-1.25 and I went to LOWES and got 3" long SS, 5/16' bolts and nylocks-

Coupled with 2-1/8th exhaust "U"bolt Bkts I satisfied the installation-for my 2" tubing rack

I've got good size hands and the MBRP rack is pretty close to the top of the hardtop--but I figureditout !

The above pics are my first trial and you have to learn a lotta little idiosyncrasies with this RTT--then it's like duck soup and-

I normally use an airmattress in all my OTHER TENTS, but this TEPUI supplied 2-1/2 " mattress is GREAT-

Thanks Box Rocket (Adam) for the deal and quick action

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Last edited:

grogie

Like to Camp
Looks good Jimbo! You'll have fun with that.

I did add a 1-1/2" gel pad in a cheap double sized sleeping bag for added comfort. (I'm getting old!)

6fe006.jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Thanx grogie-

Looks good Jimbo! You'll have fun with that.

I did add a 1-1/2" gel pad in a cheap double sized sleeping bag for added comfort. (I'm getting old!)

6fe006.jpg

I've gotta couple double bags, one "0" degrees and one "30" degree, so we'll use either one when we go-

Good day

Box Rocket

Looks perfect on your Jeep JIMBO! Thanks for the order, and I hope you have years of enjoyment in your new tent!

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Thanx Adam, it is a quality piece of gear and-

Looks perfect on your Jeep JIMBO! Thanks for the order, and I hope you have years of enjoyment in your new tent!

I'm not that happy withit on top the jeep, so this winter I'll figure how to mountit on my trailer, but

I'm happy with the product and very satisfied with the shipment provisions !

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Yo grogie--

I've gotta retract a comment I said the other day--

After trying different methods of closing the RTT, I've discovered the sequence for closure enabling the EASY use of the enclosure/seal zipper and that's the way I'll doit from now on, even if I move the RTT to my trailer-

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: OK grogie, just got back from Ca. and I'm trying the Airmattress-

It works great and I also tried the 12vdc coffee pot--for coffee first thing in the morning--WITHOUT GETTING UP !

Here's some quick pics-

First blowup the Truckbedz-mattress
001_zps4e707e65.jpg

2nd have a cup of coffee-
004_zps2217c65c.jpg

3rd tunein jeepforum
006_zps0f60e8be.jpg

4th closeup/zipup-
010_zpsa807faca.jpg

Which proves that I can leave the mattress(deflated)/0° dbbl sleeping bag and liner under-and close/zip and transport the trailer-

Also using the trailer battery I can prep the coffee pot the night before and just wakeup/turnover and turnon (coffeepot, not wife)-well, whatever

Now I've gotta get candy for the kids tonight !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier