"New Technology Rage/Hate/Praise Thread"

roving1

Bingo!!!

Dudes ********** about the technology on new vehicles...then they go out of their way to remain ignorant about it. This website has no shortage of guys that refuse to learn something new. If they weren't such pricks about it, I'd feel sorry for them.
Do tell...exactly what percentage of vehicles have had that problem??????
Bingo!!!

Dudes ********** about the technology on new vehicles...then they go out of their way to remain ignorant about it. This website has no shortage of guys that refuse to learn something new. If they weren't such pricks about it, I'd feel sorry for them.
We totally made nice so I am super chill about this.

But I just wanted to clarify my rants here are all based on pet peeves with technology I personally have.

I literally hook up computers to cars every day with the same tools dealers have to diagnose and root cause problems. I use software and Android apps to run custom PIDS for data monitoring and tweak some ECM settings on my personal fleet of Nissan and Toyotas. I am not translating CAN signals so engine swaps can communicate with modules in cars they were never designed fir or stuff like that. But I am not clueless about it either.

I think our issue was just not understanding where we were both coming from and escalating it unintentionally.

D

Deleted member 9101

I think our issue was just not understanding where we were both coming from and escalating it unintentionally.

Definitely true. It happens when guys talk about cars over the internet instead of over a beer...lol.

D

Deleted member 9101

To hopefully clarify, I have never used nor even heard of Forscan before this thread. I don't own Fords and have OEM software for Fords at work

It is freaking awesome! It lets you change a whole host of things in Ford, Lincoln, and Mazda vehicles.

b dkw1

Observer
I always thought the emergency brake was so I could drift in the snow, which was a lot easier in Mom's Toyota which was a hand version than my pickup which was a foot version. But that's just me.....?

One of my top criteria for picking a rental car, must have hand brake. FYI, the new Sentra handbrake will not lock the rear tires on wet pavement.

roving1

One of my top criteria for picking a rental car, must have hand brake. FYI, the new Sentra handbrake will not lock the rear tires on wet pavement.
Haha. My Tacoma was at the dealer getting the frame replaced right before I had a rallycross to race in. They offered a Camry and a Yaris as loners. I asked if I could sit in both to see if I "fit". What I was really checking was to see which vehicle had a cable parking brake and you could left foot brake in without the car freaking out. Yaris for the win! Didn't even have to pull the Abs fuse! The bolt pattern even fit a set of rally tires I had lying around. ?

Maybe my only flawless dealer service of my life. They replaced my frame for free with no follow up visit needed and gave me a "rally car" to beat on while they were doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles