New?? Suzuki Jimny looks like baby Wrangler/Gelandewagen

Wyuna

Observer
I dont understand that it only has 4 automatic, today 2018/2019 it should be like 8 or 9 or similar and they gas milage would be much better and the accelaration. In 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ had 4 automatic. The new Jeep Wrangler JL has a 8 speed automatic

Thats because its a low cost model, the 4 speed auto does the job and it keeps the weight down.

I also don't see the need for a 7-8 speed auto in this type of small 4x4 with a 1.5 litre NA motor.

It's a proven transmission, the only thing i did to my Gen 3 Jimny was to add a transmission cooler to the 4 speed Auto, for towing up mountains.

Is it the best auto, nope, but i have faith in it off road

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
A 7-8 speed takes more space so It might not fit. Remember that the new 2 door Jeep Wrangler JL had to be lenghtened to fit the 8 speed auto.

The auto has 7.5 l/100 km and 170 g/km CO2 and that is pretty high for such a small and light vehicle and recently we in Sweden got new taxes based on how much g/km CO2 it will put out. The new Jeep Wrangler JL with the small engine 2.0 turbo will cost about 1600 dollars in tax every year for three years, it has about 240g/km CO2.

A Volvo V90 with 8 speed auto with 250 hp and 350 Nm has 6.8 l/100km 157 g/km and weight 1727 kg according to this https://www.volvocars.com/se/bilar/modeller/v90/specifikationer.

s3r

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
In Sweden the anual tax will be about 800 dollars a year for the new Suzuki Jimny because of the "high" CO2. Some Think that Jeep Wrangler will not be imported anymore due to the high CO2, the tax will cost about 1600 dollars a year. The new harsh enviromental taxes was implemented 1 july 2018 on new cars in Sweden and more countries will follow. For my 2013 Jeep Wrangler 4 door Rubicon with the big 3.6 liters V6 I pay about 450 dollars today a year, had I bought it new after 1 July 2018 the taxes would be about 2000 dollars a year

stevec

Adventurer
Wow, I like the "Suzuki" grille MUCH better than the "S" style; looks much more retro, like the old Samurais.

Wyuna

Observer
Wow, I like the "Suzuki" grille MUCH better than the "S" style; looks much more retro, like the old Samurais.

Yeah it does make it look retro, i'm a big fan of it, id say they will make a fair bit of coin by having this as a option.

Thanks Omar for the link to the accessories, its quite a decent factory accessory range.

I spoke to my Suzuki dealer a few weeks ago, we can start ordering them in October/November for Feb delivery, although still no word on pricing here yet.

Ivory/Black two tone Sierra has been given the go ahead by the wife

jf1sf5

Observer
Switzerland !

They just arrived at a few dealers and can be test driven. The first deliverys won't be before next spring (march over here !) though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles