New suction cup mounts from PMA

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Noticed this new product in the PMA roundup. This could be really cool for a little video camera on the roof or side of a truck!

Full article

Fat_Gecko-1.jpg

smbisig

Adventurer
Cool.

This is what a lot of automotive advertising photographers use. I have played around with a friends for a few minutes, but can't find the photos.

cinemasupplies_2044_1160030

this suction cup system is a little sturdier hold up to 75 lbs.

BH Photo currently has the base along (use your own head) for $89.95 Here

I have added one to my wish list.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
I have a manfrotto magic arm which you can secure to a bumper, sliders, bike frame, you name it. Flexible, strong, and great for those POV shots.
439699960_8BQkW-M.jpg

smbisig

Adventurer
Couple of examples of suction cup rigs in use.

(Not my photos, found them on a rig setup post on an automotive photography forum)
_MG_1598.jpg

probamontaza1.jpg

IMG_1999-1.jpg

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
The suction cups that the Ram mounts use are awesome, and strong. I ran through tellico using 1 and a handy cam(while small) it held up to the rigors of off road use.

Aaron

smbisig

Adventurer
Ram makes awesome products. I beat a one of their mounts all last week while photographing the king of the hammers race in Johnson valley.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
For anyone interested in making their own rig setup, this link will give you more ideas and answer all of your questions.

Be careful, once you start reading, you'll be stuck there for awhile. I think I spent a few hours one night reading through the thread:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94