New, slow build. Do all 2015 Ram Cummins turbo diesel. 37s and 550hp.

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Their 37's are right at 4000lbs load capacity in an 18in wheel and over 3800lbs for 20in wheels. I really like Toyo's too. Not trying to sway anyone either way but I think Nitto is a good option. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

And nothing in a 17. I don't think of anything over a 17" wheel to be a viable offroad option until your tires are bigger than 40s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gunpainter

Observer
Buddy of mine is telling me that running 37's is a bad idea unless I re-gear to a 4.10 minimum gear, he says it will be too much strain on the driveline. I have 3.73 now, and i'm pretty sure i'd have to do a small lift (3"?) and probly spacers to fit and clear 37's. Is there any reason to run 37's over 35's?

Branden

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Buddy of mine is telling me that running 37's is a bad idea unless I re-gear to a 4.10 minimum gear, he says it will be too much strain on the driveline. I have 3.73 now, and i'm pretty sure i'd have to do a small lift (3"?) and probly spacers to fit and clear 37's. Is there any reason to run 37's over 35's?

Branden
In a way hes right. It will be more strain, but it wont be "too much" strain in my opinion. My trucks been on 37s for 24k miles now on stock gears. Im regearing to 4.56 though since it gets driven off road.

Bigger is better in the offroad world.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

gunpainter

Observer
In a way hes right. It will be more strain, but it wont be "too much" strain in my opinion. My trucks been on 37s for 24k miles now on stock gears. Im regearing to 4.56 though since it gets driven off road.

When you re-gear, you keeping the factory LSD in the rear, or you upgrading your diffs while you're in there?

Branden

Trophycummins

Adventurer
When you re-gear, you keeping the factory LSD in the rear, or you upgrading your diffs while you're in there?

Branden
I might put a true trac in the front, but dont see a need for much else in my application. Later on i might put a spool in the rear, depends on how well my trans holds up.

mikeindustries

Navigator of life

What stock Gears do you have? I have 3.54s, don't think 37s would be a very good match.....

chet6.7

Explorer
3.42 is the only option from the factory in a 4th gen auto with Cummins.

After doing some calculations, I might actually get a nitro gear 4.30 package.

I have read conflicting opinions on Nitro gears VS Yukon on forums,what are your thoughts on this?

Trophycummins

Adventurer
I have read conflicting opinions on Nitro gears VS Yukon on forums,what are your thoughts on this?

One of the DTX members had a Yukon rear end completely blow up on him. A lot of DTX members run nitro with no issues. I've personally had a ****ty Yukon product, a Toyota birfield eliminator kit. The included bushings wore out and the axle shaft ate itself inside the housing.

some one asked about pic of my last set of yukon gears.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=15744&share_fid=41661&share_type=t

chet6.7

Explorer
Thanks for the info looking forward to see how it works out for you.
I am thinking about a gear change as well,I drive mainly on the coast,winding 55 MPH speed limit,so seldom use any gear higher then 4th. I'm at 2K at 59 MPH(GPS) which I think is good,but when I drive out to the jetty the road is rock fill,even in low range the speed is higher than I would like,I am missing the low 1st gear on a manual when attempting to crawl.

Trophycummins

Adventurer
Thanks for the info looking forward to see how it works out for you.
I am thinking about a gear change as well,I drive mainly on the coast,winding 55 MPH speed limit,so seldom use any gear higher then 4th. I'm at 2K at 59 MPH(GPS) which I think is good,but when I drive out to the jetty the road is rock fill,even in low range the speed is higher than I would like,I am missing the low 1st gear on a manual when attempting to crawl.

Thanks, should be able to order the gear kit end of November. Need to put away some funds first.

Paddy

Adventurer
I might put a true trac in the front, but dont see a need for much else in my application. Later on i might put a spool in the rear, depends on how well my trans holds up.

I suggest truetrac front and back! My Tacoma with one in back was transformed on wet street and gravel in 2wd. Much easier to drive and way more scoot. They only add 500$ ea to the gear job which will be expensive anyway.

Trophycummins

Adventurer
I suggest truetrac front and back! My Tacoma with one in back was transformed on wet street and gravel in 2wd. Much easier to drive and way more scoot. They only add 500$ ea to the gear job which will be expensive anyway.

The gears and install kits only cost 1325 to my door. True trac for my axle size is around 600

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior