New skin for a 2005 Eagle FWC / Question about material

TheRedDawn

Observer
hello -

I purchased a well used 2005 Eagle last December and have been doing a little work to it.
My next project is re-skinning the outside. I've talked with both FWC and ATC about the materials needed.

Right now, it looks like the prices would be:
FWC: $600
ATC: $350

I'm familiar with the FWC product but have not seen in person the skin material from ATC. Can anyone comment on comparing the 2 materials? I'm most interested in durability and somewhat in cosmetics. I don't mind not having the gray FWC stripe.

Also, is the a comparable material available from a Home Depot type store that would satisfy?

Thanks,
Matt

ps - I searched the forums here but could not find any info on a re-skin project. Let me know if a thread exists. Thanks.

tnt

Observer
Hi Matt,

The guys at ATC are the former owners of FWC and there is very little difference between the two. I would suspect that the material being offered by either is identical. However, FWC is now offering fiberglass siding. It looks nicer but it is much more expensive. I'm pretty sure I have seen a post by someone that reskinned their FWC with sheet aluminum. Try searching on Wander the West's website. It may have been there. Try searching under siding, too.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I'm familiar with the FWC product but have not seen in person the skin material from ATC. Can anyone comment on comparing the 2 materials? I'm most interested in durability and somewhat in cosmetics. I don't mind not having the gray FWC stripe.

As far as I know it is more or less the same.

Getting work done at FWC is a lot more expensive. Most people go to ATC, and I have never heard anything bad about the work they have done.

Colby Jack

Traveler
Scout with a FWC...

TNT may have been thinking of the Scout II build on this forum. Search for Scout Four Wheel Camper. Turned out really nice, but the gentleman mentioned it was a lot of work. Pics of your starting point???

Colby Jack

TheRedDawn

Observer
TNT may have been thinking of the Scout II build on this forum. Search for Scout Four Wheel Camper. Turned out really nice, but the gentleman mentioned it was a lot of work. Pics of your starting point???

Colby Jack

Started a new thread for the project with starting point pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles