New shoes for my Sierra

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
With winter comming fast I was on the hunt for some snow tires for my 2002 GMC Sierra 2500HD.
I like the looks of a tall thin tire and in the summer I run 235-85-16 Hankooks.

I found a set of 4 steel wheels on the Pittsburgh Craigslist for free and scooped them up. They were off of a chevy 3500 van.

I searched around and found what I was looking for a tall snow tire with a 10 ply design.
I bought a set of BFG commercial T/A traction M&S tires. They are tall thin and have lots of syping for the icy Pittsburgh streets.

I sand blasted the rims and painted them glossy black. I am thinking, I should have done them in white for an old school look.

Here is the end result. I will post more pictures when I mount them on the truck.

If you have a set let me know what you think of them.

Mark Harley

Attachments

• DSC05854.JPG
    DSC05854.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC05851.JPG
    DSC05851.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC05850.JPG
    DSC05850.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 37

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Ive got a set of my Powerstroke.

I absolutely love them. By far the best tire Ive had on a pickup so far.

A bit of road noise, but tough as nails, wear like iron, and have an insane amount of grip on ice and snow.

bell81.jpg

By the way, Ive had more than 4k lbs in the back of my pickup more than a few times, long distance, and the tires stay very cool. They are incredibly tough.

DoMiNiC1

Adventurer
Staying tuned for pics! I need to start thinking about some tires for my snowboarding trips this winter...

WCO

It's Lil' Willi
Ive got a set of my Powerstroke.

I absolutely love them. By far the best tire Ive had on a pickup so far.

A bit of road noise, but tough as nails, wear like iron, and have an insane amount of grip on ice and snow.

bell81.jpg

By the way, Ive had more than 4k lbs in the back of my pickup more than a few times, long distance, and the tires stay very cool. They are incredibly tough.

Whats the deal with the chain binder??? :Wow1:

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Tires are mounted on Daddy's Crew!

Even with Idian Summer tempatures looming in the 60's I decided to bolt up the new tires.
The sandblasted and painted rims look good. They are heavy though!

I bought a set of chrome 2" lug nuts off ebay just si I did not have to use the duel thread originals.
I drove the truck around town and it rides very nice and the tires are quiet. I need a trip on the expressway to see if they sing at higher
speeds. I am happy with the tall thin look and the tread pattern is very agressive too.

More information to come as I wear them longer.

Attachments

• DSC05942.JPG
    DSC05942.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC05945.JPG
    DSC05945.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC05944.JPG
    DSC05944.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC05943.JPG
    DSC05943.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 34

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
A couple hundred miles on the tires now and I must say they work well on and off pavement.
They grip like a tractor and have a soft compound to conform to the terrain.
I am running the pressure at 60psi. The tires ride nice and are quiet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles