New RTT/Camp Rack

Gossamer

2017 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Cummins

Been about 6-7 months since the initial design but it's finally finished. Had it Linex'd two weeks ago and got it installed. A few little tweaks left to help seal the topper/bed now that there is 1/2" steel plate between the two...but overall, this thing is a beast. Weighs probably 300lbs and can hold more than what I'd ever feel comfortable putting on it.

Held down with 4 machined steel c-clamps and the original 4 aluminum that came with the topper. The rear of the rack has pegs welded on that go into the bed rail holes to ensure it doesn't slip or move. I can hang off any side of it, jump on it and the entire truck moves.

Mechanical engineer friend of mine drew it up based on what I was wanting. You'll see that there is room for a Thule/Yakima box up front and ample space for the largest RTT I can find. Thinking a Tuff Stuff Overland.

Notice on the cross bar at window height the drilled out areas...that's for my hi-jack lift and any other accessories/items that may be needed.

Next step will be a Decked system for the bed so that I can store anything I want in there and still have the capability to put my dogs in there when we travel.

Anyway, thanks for everyone on this forum who does this type of stuff...I continue to read all of your experiences and ideas to see what more I can do.

Rack4.JPGRack2.JPGRack1.JPGRack3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier