NEW RIG: 2012 F-150 FX4

D45

Explorer
Another oil change complete. Pennzoil had a $10 rebate offer on their 5qt jugs of synthetic, so this oil and filter change was much cheaper

I also completely removed the rear driveshaft from the truck, to grease the splines at the slip yoke at the tcase and also the splines inside the rubber boot near the carrier bearing

Both areas were greased by Ford last May, and both areas were completely dry

I took it out for a test drive last night and it's very smooth, and quiet again. See how this lasts and if the Amsoil grease is any better.

64,000 miles currently........

Last edited:

D45

Explorer
More Ford quality to deal with.....

Front painted bumper is rusting, badly

Rotated the tires today and the end caps on 4 lug nuts broke right off

Quality!!!

billiebob

More Ford quality to deal with.....

Front painted bumper is rusting, badly

Rotated the tires today and the end caps on 4 lug nuts broke right off

Quality!!!
One more nail in the coffin.
I bought a YJ with a carb 15 years ago because EFI did not understand 40 below.
Everytime I read this ******** just confirms my next vehicle will have a carb, steel wheels and cast iron block, heads, transmission and transfer case ....... plus a bench seat.

hodgexj1996

It's pathetic, I agree

My first and last Ford truck

This truck only has 64,500 miles on it too!!
I couldn't get out of my f150 and back into a mopar fast enough. Great looking truck, but a pile of dog ********. Had most of the issues you have touched on in your thread, all in a span of like 6 months. Enough was enough. Polish that thing up, make it look good and dump it off at a dealer. Only good thing was that rear locker.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

D45

Explorer
I didn't buy my truck new and will never buy a new vehicle

First and last Ford for me......oh, and the chrome is also bubbling on the interior door handles

I have owned Dodge and Chrysler and Jeep vehicles all my life.

I gambled on this Ford and lost, badly

D45

Explorer
20190420_183638_zpsn34cjcs2.jpg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Now the turn signals are going crazy

Either clicking super slow or super fast

Quality
Doesn't that typically indicate a burnt out bulb? I've had several vehicles of different makes / models do that and it usually turns out to be a burnt out signal light.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I got that lug nut from Napa for Free.

This thread is really why I never, ever, buy a used American vehicle. New I can get perfect reliability from most of them. Used? They've all needed extensive repairs and maintenance.

And custom anything is an instant red flag.

Last edited:

Watt maker

Another oil change complete. Pennzoil had a $10 rebate offer on their 5qt jugs of synthetic, so this oil and filter change was much cheaper

I also completely removed the rear driveshaft from the truck, to grease the splines at the slip yoke at the tcase and also the splines inside the rubber boot near the carrier bearing

Both areas were greased by Ford last May, and both areas were completely dry

I took it out for a test drive last night and it's very smooth, and quiet again. See how this lasts and if the Amsoil grease is any better.

64,000 miles currently........

Coming in late but, when I owned my eco f150, I removed the rear driveshaft and installed a grease zerk fitting in the slip yoke so I could easily service it and keep it smooth.

Unfortunately, I had a lot of issues with the engine and electronics so I had to dump it at 45k miles.

D45

Explorer
Hit 70,500 miles......and I still have it

Truck needs new tires soon, the Duratracs have 53,000 miles on them

Kills me to have to put tires on a truck I have grown to hate. Used tires is all I will buy for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz