New recall for 2011+ Jeeps

Justincredible

Adventurer
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autosrecalls/chrysler-recalling-nearly-907000-cars-suvs/ar-BB9pPOO

470,000 Jeep Grand Cherokees, Chrysler 300s, and Dodge Chargers, Challengers and Durangos from the 2011 through 2014 model years. The alternators can fail, causing the 3.6-liter V6 engines to stall unexpectedly.
437,000 Jeep Wranglers from 2011 through 2013. Water can find its way into the heated power mirror wiring harness and cause corrosion. That can cause a short and could cause a minor fire and smoke, as well as cause loss of function of the mirror.

The letters should begin showing up in December.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
The passenger side mirror on my 2011 Power Wagon had toasty spots on it when I traded it in. Tried to get it fixed a few times under warranty but they never found (admitted) anything wrong with it.
Scorch marks.

My Jeep turns up green on their search page so far.

Yuccahead

Adventurer
I've been waiting forever for parts to the (first) recall notice on my 2013 JKU. I expect this recall to be fixed by sometime in 2020.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I actually wish they'd extend the recall for the JK alternator as well. Mine's been to the dealer three times over noise and they still haven't changed it out. I'm learning that a chrysler warranty is only good if a: The part fell off the vehicle. And b: The part could not be recovered.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Heated mirrors are nice up here where we have snow for 6 months of the year. As for powe mirrorsr, that's nice if you have more than one driver. I'm guessing the Wrangler doesnt need power windows either according to you.

UnlimiDozer

Observer
Heated mirrors are nice up here where we have snow for 6 months of the year. As for powe mirrorsr, that's nice if you have more than one driver. I'm guessing the Wrangler doesnt need power windows either according to you.

^^ X2. Probably doesn't need hard doors either. Or an automatic transmission. Or coil springs. Or a rear seat. Heck, anything more than a driver's seat is for wussies. I'm not even really sure a Jeep needs a windshield. And real men still sit on top of the gas tank. :rolleyes: Moving on . . .

Got my recall notice yesterday. Basically it's a letter to cover them in case your rig catches fire. "We're issuing a recall, yada, yada, yada, but we don't have any parts to replace your defective ones. So . . . we'll send you another letter whenever we have some. 'Til then, you're on your own." Nice.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Mine doesn't have a rear base speaker !:coffeedrink:

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles