New Raptor..Ram killer

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Since we are talking about 900 horsepower, Le Mans racers, and incredible exhaust sounds all in the same thread, I suppose we should bring up the 24 Hours of Le Mans winning Mazda 787B.

900 horsepower out of 2.6 liters (160 cubic inches), muffled, on gasoline, with no turbo, no supercharger, no nitrous, and no pistons, back in 1991.

WAY less than half the weight of the Hellkitty.

And a sound like no other:

Yeah but those things don't last very long... at all.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
All y'all who don't like anything but analog gauges... DONT BUY A TESLA.

I test drove one and its all on the center Ipad.

MTVR

Yeah but those things don't last very long... at all.

Lol, why would you say that? You realize that car won the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which is an endurance race?

I managed a Mazda shop, and had a number of customers with nearly 400,000 miles on their rotary engines, and they still ran like new.

The rotary engine in my race car was used when I got it. I took it apart to bridge port it, and put it back together with all the original (used) parts, with the exception of new rubbers and gaskets. No machine work. Then I raced it twice a week, 9,000 rpms and wide open throttle, making about 2-1/2 times as much power as it did stock, for five years, and it continued to perform as well as the day I built it.

Last edited:

Grassland

Our complaints about giant tablets that are a pain in the ass to use especially on bouncy third world infrastructure like we have in my city, and look like they were tacked on as an afterthought are going to accomplish as much as yelling at a cloud.
Look at how frequent mid lifecycle refreshments happen and that many popular vehicles are "redesigned" every 5 years. The goal is to sell as many vehicles as possible, not build solid, reliable cars that can last decades with routine maintenance.

The heavy duty or 2500+ market seems to be a bit better in that regard, at least in the working class trims.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Which is interesting...it's almost as if the target market for these "performance pickups" is the guy going through a mid life crisis who knows that if he buys a Corvette or Challenger, everyone's going to say "Oh, Tom must be going through a mid life crisis, that's why he bought that fast car."

So the "fast pickup" gives him performance but also deniability: "No, it's a PICKUP. It's PRACTICAL!" :ROFLMAO:
No no.... The pick up is just the winter mid life crisis mobile so the Camaro / Mustang / Challenger / Vette can stay parked in the winter.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
No no.... The pick up is just the winter mid life crisis mobile so the Camaro / Mustang / Challenger / Vette can stay parked in the winter.

I would never drive my truck in the winter in Michigan.... too much salt on the ground! I like my truck. Thats why my winter car was a 1993 Ford Tempo. Crash it? Don't care. Rusts Out? Don't care. Gets buried under a snow pile because I illegally parked it? Don't care.

And before anyone questions me, my profile picture is from a Snowfall in Virginia, where they coat the roads with thoughts and prayers.

MTVR

I would never drive my truck in the winter in Michigan.... too much salt on the ground! I like my truck. Thats why my winter car was a 1993 Ford Tempo. Crash it? Don't care. Rusts Out? Don't care. Gets buried under a snow pile because I illegally parked it? Don't care.

And before anyone questions me, my profile picture is from a Snowfall in Virginia, where they coat the roads with thoughts and prayers.

I would never drive my Porsche in the snow...up a ski slope...but it's nice to know that I could...

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
If they climb K2, get 60 mpg and have tires that never wear out I guarantee someone's Porsche can do it better,faster and can carry almost as much toilet paper...Charmin of course..Can't beat a Porsche
My friend used to drive a Score chase truck in the 500 and 1000 in Baja. There was a Porsche Cayenne deleted diesel with dialed in suspension one time. The performance was jaw dropping between the engine and the suspension.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior