New Photos of the Earthroamer XV-HD ahead of SEMA

tyler.96

Observer
Some pictures from ER's instagram story over the last day. They're not showing much, but will awesome to see more in preparation of their unveil in SEMA.

Screenshot_20171025-191740.jpgScreenshot_20171025-191735.jpgScreenshot_20171025-191750.jpgScreenshot_20171025-191756.jpgScreenshot_20171025-191806.jpg

exon111

While I'm sure this will be cool, the $1.5 million cost for this is ludicrous. This coming from a person who owns an XV-LT Earthroamer. This thing better be made of solid gold. Curious to see it.

ripperj

Explorer
Why is there a sticker of a hello hand flipping off the world? With exclamation points :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keyne

Adventurer
$1.5M price range brings in a ton of competition with worldwide capability. At that price you can buy almost anything you want... no offense to Earthroamer but I cant imagine someone with that money to spend buying one of these on a Ford chassis when other options are out there (Blissmobil, Unicat, GXV, etc.).

tyler.96

Observer
New Video (can't download ATM) shows that the XV-HD houses a Washer/Dryer Combo as an option.

It's a sizeable price jump from a base model XV-LT, but I think they can reach that from a particular market base that wants a familiarity of a vehicle they're used to (Super Duty) and the kind of 'no compromises' interiors and ease of usability that the ER's offer.
$1.5M price range brings in a ton of competition with worldwide capability. At that price you can buy almost anything you want... no offense to Earthroamer but I cant imagine someone with that money to spend buying one of these on a Ford chassis when other options are out there (Blissmobil, Unicat, GXV, etc.).

Fugly

Adventurer
Strike me flamin pink....1.5 mil....
Bit rich for me.....
I think l will stick to the old 80 series and me swag ...
They both serve me well.....

Cheers Fugly....

Darwin

Explorer
What motor is in this truck? Is it the light duty Ford "scorpion" 6.7 liter? If that is the case it seems like a poor choice in chassis.

Still can't believe they went with those Dometic windows either.

I agree with the price comments. It is quadruple what my Unicat cost, including chassis (all new), albeit a decade ago.
If I were looking for a North American legal chassis and a new camper with $1.5M to spend, I'd get an Acela Monterra 4x4 or 6x6 fully optioned including lockers and 2 spd T30 transfer case, and have Unicat build the camper box.
I would like to know more about those Fox shocks. I had a bad experience with Road Kings.

Charlie

adam88

Explorer
I agree with the dometic windows comment. I mean... come on...

$1.5 million is ridiculous indeed, but Earthroamer clearly knows that there's a lot of people in North America with huge bank accounts willing to spend money like this. They might sell 10 of these a year max, but that's enough. For some people, $1.5 million is nothing. I would guess that Earthroamer will primarily be dealing with people in the net worth range of $30 million+.

http://time.com/money/4833875/ultra-wealthy-americans-millionaire-billionaire/

According to Time, there are 73,000 individuals in North America with a net worth of $30 million or more.

So there's definitely a market for this type of vehicle. In fact, I would argue that the higher priced it is, the more attractive it becomes to these wealthy individuals.

exon111

The more I look at this the more I laugh at it the absurd pricing. I'm not one of those people who bashes expedition trucks for no good reason other than to say they are expensive. I own an Earthroamer. I understand quality and costs of these beasts. I'm going to shell out 500k+ soon on a larger FMTV based 6x6 build. I could afford an XV-HD if I wanted it, but you would have to be an idiot to buy this thing. The dometic windows are totally inexcusable in this price range. They're plastic and get super scratched up the first time you use them. The dometic Heki sun roof is also pretty bad and gets really scratched and UV clouded over time. KCT makes amazing windows and sunroofs from glass that have none of these flaws. Every top tier builder uses them and charges less for their tucks. For a lot less than 1.5 mil you could ship a US truck Chasis to any of the very top builders in Europe (Action Mobil, Unicat, Etc) and have something significantly nicer custom built that caters to your every wish. A 20ft Bliss Mobile build would be higher quality and probably 1/3 the price of this. An Action Mobil Global XRS 7200 costs less than 1.5 mil and is a hell of a lot nicer than a Ford based ER: http://www.actionmobil.com/3-achser/global-xrs-7200

If ER finds a sucker who will pay this much, hats of to them. They are geniuses if they can pull it off. They say they have two orders but they initially advertised these at under $1 mil when they got those orders. Really curious if they can find someone to pay full price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles