New owner of a M416 trailer, new project...

harm

Thanks to my wonderful wife, I am now an owner of a M416 trailer! Picked it up today, threw on some magnetic tow lights and parked it in my garage.
I have been looking for one for a while now but just didnt find one worth buying.
Future plans for this is to get sandblasted and powder coated with a few add ons like a roof top tent, swap out axle just to start.

M416Pic1.jpg

M416Pic2.jpg

M416Pic3.jpg

harm

Last night when I got home I began tearing down the fenders, took off the tail lights and reflectors. I am super stoked about this trailer :wings:

loki646

Observer
Last night when I got home I began tearing down the fenders, took off the tail lights and reflectors. I am super stoked about this trailer :wings:

I'm kinda aggravated now....I had a link to another forum I wanted to pass onto you for fixing that ding on the driver's side. A guy who had one after a sizable tree fell on his still managed to fix it with little to no cutting... I'll be damned though if I can remember where that link is, but I'm sure it was on a restoration type forum.

Either way..great find and keep us informed of the rebuild...we love pics too..:victory:

harm

I'm kinda aggravated now....I had a link to another forum I wanted to pass onto you for fixing that ding on the driver's side. A guy who had one after a sizable tree fell on his still managed to fix it with little to no cutting... I'll be damned though if I can remember where that link is, but I'm sure it was on a restoration type forum.

Either way..great find and keep us informed of the rebuild...we love pics too..:victory:

It would be great if you ever do remember it but at this moment I will just try to fix it as much as I can but wont stress too much over it.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I had a link to another forum I wanted to pass onto you for fixing that ding on the driver's side. A guy who had one after a sizable tree fell on his still managed to fix it with little to no cutting...

I had that link too, can't find it now either:snorkel:

Nice trailer! As far as swapping out the axle, I really like the parking brake feature on mine. Keeps the trailer rock steady when the RTT is open.

Robert Bills

Explorer
There was a thread on the G503 trailer forum about 18 months ago with photos showing how the owner repaired a seriously bent tub with what I recall were chains, blocks, pieces of lumber and several large hydraulic jacks. I realize that you are probably on a budget and would prefer a diy fix, but unless you have some experience working sheet metal and already have the tools, it may be more cost effective for you to find a good autobody man.

bernd

Thanks to harm I'm the proud owner of this m416. Since harm started a build thread for this trailer, I will continue posting here as I modify it.
8c1184d1.jpg

That rail had a nice bend
587ae7e5.jpg

I cut the rail out and replaced it with a new one
58ef737a.jpg

All straight now. I also welded some tie downs onto the bed.
Repainted the Frame
32ee30d8.jpg

I have plans to make a top next.
Just wanted to post up some of the progress on this trailer. Thanks harm I'll take good care of it.

Last edited:

bernd

It's been sometime since I added anything to the trailer. Yesterday I installed a Yakima rack system to the rails and mounted a roof top tent. Looking forward to it's maiden camping trip in two weeks.
df8cbca7.jpg

bc381eca.jpg

c8e3b8a6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94