Overlanding pop up camper

Redman333

Adventurer
So am I reading that right there’s a bunk available inside for this for kids? Maybe above the bottom bed pictured. Do you know the starting price point for these yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flipmachine

Adventurer
So am I reading that right there’s a bunk available inside for this for kids? Maybe above the bottom bed pictured. Do you know the starting price point for these yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will be right around 30k very well equipped, andpu are correct bunk bed for kids

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I'm thinking about storage for dishes, cups, pots & pans, spices, etc. Could you mount a black cabinet just like the one you have on the driver's side for water heater and shower on the passenger side? Have the door open toward the back of the rig, on inside of door small shelf for spices, salt and pepper. Also a roll up tool pouch type of material riveted onto the inside of the door for silverware, spatulas, etc. Sort of like this except with the door latch and hinges reversed.

fullsizeoutput_47f4.jpeg

Add two shelves inside the cabinet, probably have to match the size of the stuff you want to store there. So then imagine pulling into your campsite. Opening the front hatch and pull out the sink/stove drawer, turn around and open the cabinet and away you go. You'd have the top of the fender to use as a mini-table for dinner prep, etc. You may have to watch the height of the cabinet so that it doesn't interfere with an awning if you add one to the passenger's side of the trailer.

What do you think?

spressomon

Expedition Leader
My experience with trailers (ditto my tow rig), all things dust trail/road related: The rear gets covered in thick dust due to the lower air pressure etc. Side doors are generally run cleaner than rear doors on trailers in dusty conditions. I get the usefulness of the rear door's awning and larger entry/exit...

flipmachine

Adventurer
My experience with trailers (ditto my tow rig), all things dust trail/road related: The rear gets covered in thick dust due to the lower air pressure etc. Side doors are generally run cleaner than rear doors on trailers in dusty conditions. I get the usefulness of the rear door's awning and larger entry/exit...
Double seal on the door, it will get dusty, but with such small real estate it's the best option, I have built plenty of tear drops when I owned off grid trailers, and the side doors really limit the imagination, alot of Australian companies went that way for this exact reason...but your right, the rear will get dirty

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Mark, a lot more room under the stove/sink than I had imagined. How much is taken up by water and gas plumbing? Is there enough room at the end of that slider to install a towel rack?

BTW, I carry a small wisk broom with soft bristles just to sweep dust off stuff once I get into camp.

Last edited:

john61ct

Adventurer
hmm, just a regular word IME, didn't know it came from Heinlein,

thanks I love learning something new every day

Winterpeg

Double seal on the door, it will get dusty, but with such small real estate it's the best option, I have built plenty of tear drops when I owned off grid trailers, and the side doors really limit the imagination, alot of Australian companies went that way for this exact reason...but your right, the rear will get dirty
The Australians use a system that has an air intake with a filter and keep a positive air pressure in the cabin to prevent dust ingress.

I wonder if that would be necessary and/or feasible?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

flipmachine

Adventurer
The Australians use a system that has an air intake with a filter and keep a positive air pressure in the cabin to prevent dust ingress.

I wonder if that would be necessary and/or feasible?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
some do, some don't, I know alu cab doesnt for sure, but either way, its easy enough to implement no rocket science behind it... but again, if dust is getting in, water is getting in, you have bigger issues then dust being in Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior