New Overland Explorer Expedition Vehicles Composite Pop-Up Truck Camper

Overland Explorer

Supporting Sponsor
i-F2Ph6vw-L.jpg

The Overland Explorer CAMP and CAMP-X is a lightweight, composite slide in camper designed specifically for the mid and full size ½ ton market. Our campers are designed with a proprietary panel and extrusion system to keep weight extremely light, extremely tough, and extremely warm (or cool!). With new extrusions designed specifically for this application, thermal transfer has been almost eliminated keeping the interior more comfortable in inclement weather. Along with the very high insulating value of our hybrid wall, we incorporated a fully insulated soft side, and it is a standard feature that will keep you warm….or cool, and it’s substantially quieter than a single panel side. Our heavy duty locking roof supports are easy to use, and lock solidly in place, a foot of heavy wet snow….no problem!

We used a lot of experience in the design of this camper, we also used the experience of a lot of owners and travelers using similar products, and we feel the result is a near perfect marriage of real world function and manufacturing technology. We designed the CAMP to use a portable fridge, along with a portable cook top. Why hard mount these everyday use items, and then take up more space and weight hauling a couple of portable pieces of kit to use outside? Let’s just take the inside out instead. The horizontally mounted 20 pound propane tank provides the convenience of volume with reduced handling. Efficient Truma Eco forced air and hot water heating combined into a single unit reduce weight, and the space savings equate to more storage space for your gear. Quick release jacks make removal and installation quite literally a snap, no tools required.

i-MQHJRSf-L.jpg

i-8T7mDTf-L.jpg

(pics below are first prototype, production model will vary slightly)
i-KDkzgcj-L.jpg

i-RpWdWzP-L.jpg

i-M7MwZr9-L.jpg

i-b3sMmkR-L.jpg

i-GH8jkHv-L.jpg

i-84XGSrx-L.jpg

i-KS2Q2jK-L.jpg

i-48wjnrd-L.jpg

i-RdszCwx-L.jpg

• Composite construction, hybrid panel with honeycomb skins and foam core, aluminum
  • extrusions with minimal thermal transfer zones
  • Raised and sloped roof with roof rack tracks installed
  • High gloss gel coat fiberglass exterior and woven interior finish
  • 6’4” interior height
  • High load capacity locking roof supports
  • Fully insulated soft sides
  • Structural powder coated aluminum interior cabinetry
  • Quick release integral aluminum jack brackets and 4 corner mechanical jacks
  • Extend a bed platform for NS King size sleeping in overhead
  • Spacious L shaped dinette
  • Lagun table leg for multi position table
  • Sunbrella canvas covered foam seat and mattress cushions
  • Screen door
  • Aluminum propane cabinet with 20 lb. marine horizontal cylinder
  • Quick attach valve and hose for cook top
  • SMEV stainless sink with flush mount glass top
  • 20 gallon water capacity with 12 volt pump
  • 12 volt group 27 AGM battery in sealed and externally vented battery box
  • Truma Eco hot water and forced air heating system
  • Bullfinch outside shower
  • 12 volt outlets at refrigerator tray and counter
  • LED interior lighting
  • LED exterior lighting
  • Pre wired for solar
  • Fantastic roof fan
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Propane and carbon monoxide detector
  • Smoke detector
  • Seitz side window
  • Emergency exit
  • Truck specific tie down kit
(Please see our ad in Camper and Trailers for sale ad section)

** We are attending Overland Expo West in Flagstaff May 18-20. Please come by our space and check out our Camp-X pop-up as well as our Mercedes Sprinter Expedition Camper that is also for sale(listed in Expedition Vehicles for sale) ! **

i-MBLJ4Vm-L.jpg

TernOverland

Supporting Sponsor Ternoverland.com
Really impressive build quality, and thoughtful construction! The insulated panels look serious. Can you share more about the extrusions you are using? Fiberglass or cold bridge free by design?

brokenhorn

Very nice.. I'm in the market for a flatbed side door popup. Any chance you guys might be making one?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

downhill

Adventurer
Nice rig, but I don't understand the 6' and 6'2" options?? Dometic windows? In your demo video, the blind is already going wonky. Usually that happens a month or two down the road with Dometics. Seriously though, looks like a very high quality build. Love the insulated soft wall and the Remo (sp?) table. I also like the removable jacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles