New Offroad Products for the Titan

d0va

Observer
I was browsing Ebay for titan parts and came across this seller...

They offer rock slider and other products...
Never heard of them has anyone purchase from them?
their titan looks good?
titan_superslider2.jpg

titan_superslider1.jpg

differential cover
titan_diff1.jpg

titanfront.jpg

http://stores.ebay.com/rockyroadoutfitters-4x4__W0QQ_sidZ782497185?_nkw=titan&submit=Search

bigdog

Adventurer
i like the diff skid, that should fit any m226 right?

yea, that does look interesting be interesting to confirm if they would fit our truck.

I like the Shock Rock guards too, wonder if those would work on a Frontier?

Last edited:

d0va

Observer
They sound good and look good and price is not that bad... maybe come income tax Ill buy a set....

Wish there were more pictures off them in action, at least showing the truck being jack with them... :(

digitalferg

Adventurer
Rocky Road Outfitters

Been around for quite a few years actually. Operate out of Heber, UT -- about an hour drive from where I live -- though I know they don't fab all their stuff onsite there.

I don't know much about they're Nissan stuff, but I have their rock sliders on my '02 4Runner. Overall, they are a decent product, but the two things I dislike about them is that they only have two support bars running from the main slider body back to the frame, which are both made from whimpy looking 1" square tube; and secondly that they bolt to the pinch-weld of the vehicle's body (i had to drill 5 holes per side in the pinch welds--PITA). I was unaware of both of these issues before I purchased and would've passed on them had I known this (My fault though, I didn't really do my research on them beforehand :( ).

I plan to beef them up a bit eventually, but for a weekend warrior type rig that doesn't do extreme rock-crawling (aka, my rig) they are a decent product especially if you want to go "bolt on".

Anyway, just some info I guess. The guys there at the shop seem to be decent people as well, so that's always a plus. I haven't really gotten anything else from them as most other stuff I go through another vendor that I much prefer, Cruiser Outfitters

-Ferg-

Last edited:

d0va

Observer
they seem like nice people
I was wondering about the mounting on these so I emailed them and here is what they answer

...Our sliders actually don't touch the body at all. They mount exclusively to the frame.

I will reviewed the website to see if it mentioned anything about body mounts, but can't find that reference at all. .....
The truck pictures is the chief engineers Titan he is going to send me some pictures of the mounts, etc

Ill post here ones I get them

d0va

Observer
mail

So attached is the picture that shows the 3 gusseted mounting arms. There is no attached to the body seam. That wouldn't make sense for a full size pickup like the Titan. So instead we use a very solid 12 bolt mounting system on each side to handle the rock sliders.

As you can see from the picture, its raining outside our shop today pretty hard. So the sliders are wet and dirty. Should give you the idea though...

You should also know that all of our Rock sliders come with a lifetime guarantee against bending or denting. In the 16 years we've been making them, the only kit that was ever returned for warranty which was on an H2 and he admits he was abusing on them pretty hard.

bigdog

Adventurer
I emailed them about possible fit of diff cover and shock sliders on Frontier. They could not confirm fitment but agreed to let me test fit and return if no good. So I ordered the shock sliders and will see what happens.

EDIT: The shock-rock kit arrived the other and it is a no-go for our trucks. The shock hanger on the frontier is at least 1" longer then the Titan and has a slightly differant shape. So hopefully he'll make a set for us in the near future.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94