New OBA

pray4surf

Explorer
4RunAmok said:
How are you guys mounting the disconnects to the steel plates and sheet metal?

Can someone detail that?

In my case, the steel/aluminum bracket is sandwiched between the QD and the barbed fitting. The barbed fitting has a male connector, the QD a female connector. Seems to work just fine...

Fifthpro

Adventurer
4RunAmok said:
How are you guys mounting the disconnects to the steel plates and sheet metal?

Can someone detail that?

Fabbed bracket for the front and used the bumper mounting bolt on.
IMG_1072.jpg

The rear.....a hole saw provided the mounting location with large washers on both sides. Works like a champ and easy to access but admittedly not something that some folks will want to do.
IMG_1068.jpg

Last edited:

Fifthpro

Adventurer
jim65wagon said:
Thanks for the tip on the covers, guys! Definitely on the "get it" list.

Yah know, I searched the garage high and low for something to make a cover out of.......ended up taking a section of washing machine drain hose, cut it to the desired length, plug one end with a quarter (yes, I said it!) and then put RTV over the end to keep folks from stealing them just for the money.

Not nearly as easy as walking into a hardware store and getting a package of 4! Well, I went to all the effort...I am keeping my ugly ducklings now.

CouplerCovers.jpg

pray4surf

Explorer
Fifthpro said:
Yah know, I searched the garage high and low for something to make a cover out of.......ended up taking a section of washing machine drain hose, cut it to the desired length, plug one end with a quarter (yes, I said it!) and then put RTV over the end to keep folks from stealing them just for the money.

It works don't it :D Just goes to show there is almost always to do it different.

4RunAmok

Explorer
Thanks for the details guys, now I know how I will do mine.

One thing I've noticed about the disconnects I picked up, they hold themselves open waiting for the hose to be plugged in. No one else seems to be using these.

Picked them up at Lowe's.

jim65wagon

OK it's been a long time since this thread started, and honestly I forgot about it. I rediscovered it recently and found I had to reload all the pics and realized I forgot to give a pic for the rear fitting, which did get put behind the license plate

Of course I also put a QD under the hood just behind the grill. With a QD front and rear I was able to shorten the coiled airhose by half and it's much more stowable in the little corner pocket behind the rear seatbelt that first gen Tundras have....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior