New must-have Dutch oven accessory?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Any updates? Are you guys still using this stuff, or did the newness die and your back to just normal use of the DO?
Sometimes.
The grill is handy and I like using it as a chafing dish to keep the Dutch warm between servings.

It's not in the kit full-time though.

Photobug

Any long term reviews on this setup? We have a dutch oven and think this looks like a great accessory. I want to know if anyone has a long term review of its use.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Any long term reviews on this setup? We have a dutch oven and think this looks like a great accessory. I want to know if anyone has a long term review of its use.
All in all, it works. If you can imagine yourself using it often, grab one.
Like I said in the previous post, I usually don't even bring it along. I've got a ScottL for griddling so I don't use the Dutch lid for that (too small anyhow), using the Dutch upside down to make pizza was interesting (just one time), using it as a lid lifter (nah, I just use an ov-glove).

If there was a Way-Back-Machine, I'd un-buy it.

Photobug

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. I just saw it looked great and all this enthusiasm for it 4 years ago and now crickets. I will bring a glove. We have a whole cast iron setup but seldom want to carry that much gear. Would not bring charcoal without this setup.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I like the kickstand lid lifter-slash-holder - it's nice to be able to set a hot lid down without needing a trivet. Just buy that part!

huachuca

Adventurer
All in all, it works. If you can imagine yourself using it often, grab one.
Like I said in the previous post, I usually don't even bring it along. I've got a ScottL for griddling so I don't use the Dutch lid for that (too small anyhow), using the Dutch upside down to make pizza was interesting (just one time), using it as a lid lifter (nah, I just use an ov-glove).

Thanks for the update - it looks to be a good thing I never pulled the trigger on this. Hope you and your's are doing well. We're trying to be good and staying at home but its sure getting old. Cape Lookout NS is open and the ferry to Portsmouth Island started running again last week. Tempting, so tempting.

Al

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
I am a fan of the CampMaid products!
I picked up the adjusting charcoal pan when they had their KickStarter for the product.
Ending up getting some great accessories thrown in for a bonus by CampMaid!
Quality built products IMHO.

Scoutman

Explorer
I've used ours a handful of times but honestly we just don't bring the DO (and all the stuff that goes with it) on our average trip. I'll use it on Scout campouts or cooking on the patio occasionally. My favorite thing to use this for is smoking. We smoked some salmon the other night and it was wonderful. Would I buy it again, probably not but it is built well and now stays in the DO box with the other bits when we need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke