New Mog Life

joeblack5

Haha, Josst, were you trying to crucify that seal? Hmm, but that is weird, do both seals have a spring on the inside? Sometimes you have to specify to get a spring with the seal.

Jostt

Adventurer
Im not fan of brands and companys, thats why I bougt this seals, not from origin, because 80 euro for a piece of rubber is insane....but this time I have to accept the seal is not a hi quality, even not a low quality, but anyway, I just want to transmit my experience whit this whit the other people, because It is a important point on this truck and I fit the seals whit oil and checking if the spring is on it, the seal was working until the hub reach some temperature, I try the truck on the highway arround 100 km and it starts to leack oil, The two rear wheels have the same problem, and I allrready replace the front wheels last years whit no problems, looking whit more detail looks like the Rubber is more soft on the corteco seals , so I dont really know , but I will fit the origin seals from Mercedes

Jostt

Adventurer
some more info about the problem in one of my rear portals, this time was my fault, I was thinking on the quality of the seal but the seal was ok, today I remove the hub again and the seal and I discover the track is damage , I didnt pay atention enought when I replace days ago the seals, so mea culpa...as we say in Spain, Nothing to see whit the seal, I will use another new, because I have few of this type , for the track I have one spare whit a good shape , not new but still ok, you been right JoeblackIMG_20200518_174019_copy_1040x780.jpgIMG_20200518_183709_copy_1040x780.jpg

Jocke

Looks like an expensive thing to fix, Jostt! I hope you can get it sorted without too much pain! ?

Jostt

Adventurer
hello Jocke, que he disk is arroun 200€ but this time I use the one is on the spare hub I have, one think I hear on this forum and is right is : in this truck the cheapest think is the diesel consuption....and is right, it has big mantinance, or you love it or you hate it....Im in love at the moment last three years we enjoy a lot whit the truck , I hope it id still working few years...

CragMog

Hi Josst - I've found the brown Corteco seals to be very good. Be aware that the wear ring comes in two sizes, a fatter one to fit the older hubs with the 11mm bearing and a thinner one to fit the newer hubs with the 14mm main bearing. The same rust problem occurs on your front inside seals which is why they often start to leak.

Jostt

Adventurer
yes Grag, It is two sizes for this plates, and I need to replace for new parts the two rear plates, the one I fit is used is a provisorial solution, they are still leaking but one chop after hours whit the seals new so the plates are out of tolerance, but I will fit new

Jostt

Adventurer
Last year was hard to be free on travel side here, but We can still move in one area not big than 200 km, we are lucky because there is a lot of mountain sites here to be alone and relax, last out few weeks ago we had the second failure on the camper water pump, and again it was the presostate, the reason... Looks like the pump is designed to fail there, the proper pumps are still working but they has no activation.... So I install a external mechanical presostate from plumbing staff and it works fineIMG_20201028_163407.jpgIMG_20201028_163353.jpg

Jostt

Adventurer
Last month's Corona keep us on our area, we use the free time planing the next holidays in July and building a motorbike carryer, we been thinking long time on bring with us some small
Bike to allow us to move a bit more specially when we are camping close to cities and places where we can not drive the unimog and my truck has the handicap of the design, not ready to fit extra weight on the structure so it was double headache for me to design the staff, at the end the design is not very heavy and its working. At all the total weight is 108 kg for the carryer and 120 for the bike, it's not a crazy think.

IMG_20210127_122349.jpgIMG_20210220_104711.jpgIMG_20210224_183516.jpgIMG_20210224_183500.jpg

Jostt

Adventurer
Looks like world situation is caming better, on my job is still a plenty requirements to travel but on our free time we are enjoying free camping sites, I add some pics with our friends and his new project, a massive U500 with a lot of horses and half automatic gear box.... They are very happy with the new baby... IMG-20210425-WA0009.jpgIMG_20210424_092515.jpgIMG-20210509-WA0016.jpgIMG-20210509-WA0019.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles