New Mog Life

Iain_U1250

Explorer
Atlas made a temperature monitoring system, monitors the portals, engine, gearbox, diff etc. Not sure if they still sell them,

Last edited:
I sent off an email to Atlas but it's Christmas week so it might take some time to get an answer. I'll report back when they respond. Thanks again guys.

Jostt

Adventurer
nice system to monitoring the truck , Im curious to know which cain of proves they use un the portals, We use in motorsport some paste sensors for brake calipers for example, but on portals I think its much better to know the oil temp, because the wheel hub can take a big delay to show extra temperature symptoms, and can be to late to prevent the disaster

Jostt

Adventurer
Hello everybody, I want to apologize because I don't answer last post, I'm very disconnected with all network and social networks last months, About the request of parts for upgrade the portals I don't have at the moment parts and time to do more kits, and I will be honest, it take some time to organize all the staff, so if I found some amount of customers I can think to build some more units.

Jostt

Adventurer
This year our holidays were a bit longer than usual, four weeks in a row and we made a trip in France, on the Apls area, a total of 3.5K km, with no issues any more on the wheels, I replace the portal oils as soon I come back, just last week and all of theme were with almost 900cc, so the original capacity, and the shape of the oil is still good to say it's almost new, so from 300cc to 900cc, I think it's one upgrade to do long distances, I'm quite happy with it, the only part from the truck must to be upgraded its the brakes, On this trip I discover how important it's to have a second brake system, like exhaust brake or something similar to don't extress the main disk's, because there were a few situations after long downhills were We felt not very save with the front disk like the F1 systems... Red.... Not so nice, it's true Alps in France are a extreme sample about the use of the brakes but... Something to think on it for future.
Our tour Starts in Nord Spain crossing the border to Sisteron, Briancon, La Grave, d'huez, Grenoble, and Chamonix, close to the Italian border. We must say France is for us a paradise for campers because of the laws, all places you can find campers and no problems at all, 100% opposite to Italy or Spain.... Just underpayment campersites.
Full of laques and glaciers to discover in this area, and nice spotsPANO_20220710_174731.jpgIMG-20220717-WA0008.jpgIMG_20220717_203544.jpgIMG_20220709_210640.jpgIMG_20220712_184537.jpg

Last edited:
Yes exhaust brakes are wonderful. Last time in Germany I had Berendsen, a dedicated Unimog dealer in Karlsruhe, look at my U500 with 95k miles on it. Among other things I ok’d brake pad replacement if 50% worn. They said they were fine. Dealer shops usually don’t turn down carte blanche work.
I am “religious” about using the standard exhaust brake.

Jostt

Adventurer
Last trip in Cerdeña , was for us a point to understand how nice IS to travel over the world even if you do just thousand km far of your House, the truck on the last trips was working weel with the upgrades and just the air compresor ( new just 20 k km ago) gives me some head ache ,leacking oil by theIMG_20231223_212707.jpgIMG_20240103_101019.jpgIMG_20231225_102520.jpgIMG_20231222_125056.jpg crankcase gasket, but it was the time to keep this as spare, and fit a new one, this time Wabco, the old one was another brand but not original

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94