New member's build finally in the truck.

Mnbogboy

My twin grandsons on a day trip blueberry picking event. After lunch just relaxing.

Put about 500 miles on local trips so far with about 2 mpg mileage reduction. Pulls decent against a headwind, thinking because it is so narrow?

Other than that nothing new.

Attachments

a8ksh4

Thanks for all of the build photos, Mnbogboy! Looks like a really quality rebuild of the old palomino!

Sorry if I missed it in one of your posts, but what kind of siding and roof material did you use, and where did you get it? I'm interested in putting together a hard-sided camper and just figuring out what kinds of material to use for this stuff.

Mnbogboy

Thanks for all of the build photos, Mnbogboy! Looks like a really quality rebuild of the old palomino!

Sorry if I missed it in one of your posts, but what kind of siding and roof material did you use, and where did you get it? I'm interested in putting together a hard-sided camper and just figuring out what kinds of material to use for this stuff.
Siding & roof is .040 aluminum, painted both sides, was stocked at local metal supply dealer for use on dirt track race cars. 4x8 & 5x10 foot sheets. Interior paneling is 1/4" (.236 actual) 3 ply plywood from Lowes.
Insulation 3/4 closed cell from Lowes. Framing 1x2, 1x4s. Assorted glues & adhesives (time will tell if I made the right choices...lol). Vinyl trim from amazon. Salvage aluminum trim from palomino & recent to the new shape.
I learned a lot from builds on this site.
Good luck with your build.
Randy