14x4

Observer
Hello everyone. I've been "lurking" on the site for a few weeks now. I wanted to wait until my rig was done (for the most part) before I introduced myself. I am very impressed with the vehicles as well as the information on the site. You guys have given me a lot of ideas.

I have a 2003 Chevy S10 ZR5. I've noticed that the S-Series aren't too popular around here and may not be my best bet for off-roading. However, shes never let me down. :D

Major modifications & additions:
- 2" Body lift
- 2" Leaf-spring kit (rear)
- 1" Torsion bar crank
- Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks
- Front (1.25") and rear (2.5") wheel adapters
- Fender-well cuts
- Custom flares (courtesy of S-10CrewCab.com)
- BF Goodrich 33x9.5-15 All Terrains
- KC Hilites off-road lights
- Grille guard
- Tail light guards
- Oil pan and engine skid plate
- Dual CB antennas

Future Modifications:
- Powder coat or paint rims (black)
- High output alternator
- Transfercase skid plate (hard to find)
- high-flow cat & exhaust
- Cowl or ram air hood

Much of the modifications I've done were possible because of the information available on S-10CrewCab.com. I'd like to give them credit.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and I'd appreciate any questions or comments. I look forward to being an active member of this community.

Thank you!
Mike.

IMG_1779.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

I apologize for the pictures being a little hazy.

Check out my Photobucket for more pictures. http://s984.photobucket.com/albums/ae321/14x4/

Last edited:

lstzephyr

wanderer
Great start(as good as my old ugly dodge if not better).

Whats the plan for it?

Last edited:

Richie

Adventurer
Welcome. That's a good looking rig. :drool: It's awesome to see another S-Series owner on here. There are a few others but they don't seem very active.

Here's my S10
Picture494.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Last edited:

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Nice S-10 there Mike. :smiley_drive: Well done, and welcome aboard. Nice to see more and more Chevy owners showing up.

14x4

Observer
Whats the plan for it?

I've been considering installing a 2" suspension lift on top of everything I have already done for even more ground clearance. I failed to mention that in my list of future mods because I'm not sure if that would be a good idea.

I just want to make it as off-road capable as possible. I don't get too serious while off roading; usually just trail riding. But I always want more and more. I plan on going to Moab, Utah this coming Spring. That will definitely put my truck to the test.

lstzephyr

wanderer
Awesome! I still miss my old s10 blazer sometimes. In my expierence its the driver not the truck and I bet that would go down anything I would want to point it at.

Moab is awesome. (picture is a repost from my thread, but if I had to point out my favorite part of moab it was waking up to this)

IMGP3283_stitch.jpg

Richie

Adventurer
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! Your ZR2 looks great as well. Have you done anything to it or is it stock?

It's stock. I've been going back and forth on whether to keep it or not. But now it looks like I'll be keeping it so I definitely want to add some mods.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread btw. Just a little excited another S10 is on the forum.:wings:

Rot Box

Explorer
Welcome and good looking pickup! You'll have a lot of fun with it in Moab that's for sure :bike_rider:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles