New Land Rover...... Phone

TOUGE

Land rover now have a rugged mobile phone... The Land Rover Explore R Mobile Phone

https://landroverexplore.co.uk/land-rover-explorer/

Specs:
  • Tough design, built to withstand drops and water submersion - a great adventure companion
  • IP68 and MIL SPEC 810H protected; fully waterproof up to 1.5m for 35 minutes, dust / sand proof, plus repeated drop tests at 1.8M onto steel
  • Powerful 3,100mAh battery optimised to 1.5+ days of battery life
  • Bright 5.7” HD+ , 18x 9 display, optimised for outdoor use and protected by Corning® Gorilla® glass 6. It can be controlled with gloves* on or with wet fingers
  • Android 9, with upgrade to 10
  • High quality 12MP Sony dual pixel rear camera, 8MP front camera | Dual pixel camera, optimised for all conditions
Who would have every thought Land Rover would have made a phone.

Last edited:

Blaise

While I agree that this is ridiculous and silly, I will point out that saying 'well Land rover doesn't make phones' is equivalent to saying Apple doesn't make phones either. It's done by Foxconn.

catmann

For the price of a New Defender, I think they should toss one in with each vehicle for free. Have it set to communicate with the truck perfectly, have apps installed that can monitor the vital stats of the engine/vehicle. Maybe have it be able to auto rollup or roll down windows/sunroof, raise and lower the suspension, etc. Then it would make perfect sense.

Carson G

For the price of a New Defender, I think they should toss one in with each vehicle for free. Have it set to communicate with the truck perfectly, have apps installed that can monitor the vital stats of the engine/vehicle. Maybe have it be able to auto rollup or roll down windows/sunroof, raise and lower the suspension, etc. Then it would make perfect sense.
Now that’s an idea. Or they could even sell it separately as their own version of a Gap tool. Although I think it can do some of the things you listed.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
While I agree that this is ridiculous and silly, I will point out that saying 'well Land rover doesn't make phones' is equivalent to saying Apple doesn't make phones either. It's done by Foxconn.

Apple develops, designs and manufactures many of their products. They also leverage sucontractors. Next up for Apple? Their own in-house chipsets to displace Intel.

JLR subs the entire product, adding a product label and box. If anything they may preinstall an app and skin that could be made available from Google Play store on any Android phone.

The Land Rover phone is the same as a LR hat.

mpinco

Expedition Leader

Already included on Blackberry enabled models. SOTA. Only JLR product not yet offered is a subscription model tied to your credit card. Probably not too far off in time.

TOUGE

Land Rover doesn't make phones. Subcontracted from suppliers like Sonim.

Land Rover launched a phone because… actually I’ve got no idea why

Yeah, I used the wrong word when I said made. They released a phone from a Chinese catalog with a Land Rover sticker on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles