New kid on the block! AWD Transit with composite camper AEONrv

Steve_382

Looks interesting, but I wonder if it doesn't need a rear bumper to keep people from crashing into the rear axle.

Jonnyo

Observer
looking at the close up pic on another site, i think this unit isnt finish yet. it absolutly need a rear bumper, at least to be legal in canada on the road. But if you look closely, there is lot of water lines and wires etc that are not connected and element that are not finish. So i m guessing it will have one eventually.

1630169769342.png

Alloy

looking at the close up pic on another site, i think this unit isnt finish yet. it absolutly need a rear bumper, at least to be legal in canada on the road. But if you look closely, there is lot of water lines and wires etc that are not connected and element that are not finish. So i m guessing it will have one eventually.

View attachment 678852
Happens allot when the production shedule doesn't align with the show schedule.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
The l-track is a nice touch. I'm getting familiar with it having put it on a multi-use trailer and then also installing it in the rear storage of our expo truck for securing loads in bumpy terrain. Its very handy and versatile.

Steve_382

Here is a link to a "video" that has a bit better pictures. I hope the storage box is at least as big as the one on the Winnebago Ekko.

skirunman

Hi,

I was not sure if it was OK to post here or not, but I did want to clear up any confusion.

I’m one of the co-founders of AEONrv. We still have not “officially” launched and our prototype is about 90% finished. It will have a custom bumper with hitch and recovery points. We are final stage manufacturer and Ford approved RV up fitter based in Reno, NV so will deliver fully warranty vehicles to our customers.

We wanted to get some initial customer feedback in person before launching hence why we were at Overland Expo but not yet promoting on our website or social media. We will be launching in the next couple of weeks with full specs on our website https://AEONrv.com

Thanks,
Jim Ritchie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Hi,

I was not sure if it was OK to post here or not, but I did want to clear up any confusion.

I’m one of the co-founders of AEONrv. We still have not “officially” launched and our prototype is about 90% finished. It will have a custom bumper with hitch and recovery points. We are final stage manufacturer and Ford approved RV up fitter based in Reno, NV so will deliver fully warranty vehicles to our customers.

We wanted to get some initial customer feedback in person before launching hence why we were at Overland Expo but not yet promoting on our website or social media. We will be launching in the next couple of weeks with full specs on our website https://AEONrv.com

Thanks,
Jim Ritchie

I was hoping you would chip in! Nice to have you on the forum.

Decanter

Adventurer
Hi,

Thanks,
Jim Ritchie

I saw your rig at the Loveland Expo and it looked fantastic! A great platform and a well thought out house.

adam88

Explorer
Hi,

Thanks,
Jim Ritchie

Jim,

I can honestly say in my 20+ years of being involved in overland I have never been so blown away. You guys have literally built my dream RV. Well done. We've watched the video two times over and can't find anything we don't love. I think you guys hit a home run with this one. Beautiful. We're definitely considering one, it is at the top of our list. Can't wait to see the fully finished product. I love the interior 10 way power seats and fully upgraded chassis. So many little things like that that no one thinks of. The mini split is a game changer. WELL DONE! Can't say enough praise! And great job to @Victorian for making such a great platform to build on. You guys should be proud.

Adam

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Jim,

I can honestly say in my 20+ years of being involved in overland I have never been so blown away. You guys have literally built my dream RV. Well done. We've watched the video two times over and can't find anything we don't love. I think you guys hit a home run with this one. Beautiful. We're definitely considering one, it is at the top of our list. Can't wait to see the fully finished product. I love the interior 10 way power seats and fully upgraded chassis. So many little things like that that no one thinks of. The mini split is a game changer. WELL DONE! Can't say enough praise! And great job to @Victorian for making such a great platform to build on. You guys should be proud.

Adam

Amazing feedback. Thanks. The guys at AEON really created something amazing. As you maybe know, we own a cabchassis transit and love it. But this one has tons of features/details like the door to the drivers cab that want's me to buy one too! I have the feeling that this understated RV will be a very stiff competition to other brands/models.

adam88

Explorer
Amazing feedback. Thanks. The guys at AEON really created something amazing. As you maybe know, we own a cabchassis transit and love it. But this one has tons of features/details like the door to the drivers cab that want's me to buy one too! I have the feeling that this understated RV will be a very stiff competition to other brands/models.

Must be exciting to see upfitters using your platform to build some cool quality stuff. Congrats.

@skirunman and AEON have really done a great job. A few more things I find fantastic about it (I was short on time earlier)

- the non-fixed induction stove and microwave. I don't know why more manufacturers don't do this. Not using your stove? Store it away and now you've got counter space. Stove breaks? No problem, easy to replace. Compare that to a costly diesel cooktop that is built-in and requires maintenance.
- The easily accessible water tank built into the rear storage compartment. Clean and and simple.
- Grey water tank dump valve with a solenoid inside the vehicle is just flat out cool.
- All quality components. Victron and Battleborn. Exactly what I would have used for a build out. Clean and easily accessible under the seat.
- Full size queen mattress that can be 10 or 12 inches thick. A good sleep is critical. Many designers sacrifice a proper bed for a u-shaped dinette that turns into a bed, or a cabover bed that is 4 inches thick. Also nice to see east-to-west for space savings, all in a compact 84 inch design.
- The dinette and swivel table couldn't have been done any better. Nice 32 inch in width. Perfect for a large person. The integrated seatbelts are genius and allow a family of 4 to cruise.
- Spending money where it matters without overdoing it. Vancompass 2" lift, quality tires, shocks, etc. but sticking with stock wheels.
- The step up design to get into the upper bed is another brilliant idea. No loss of storage, and doesn't intrude into the space.
- The entire bathroom design, again, so well done. I have seen this before from earthcruiser and I assume some inspiration was taken from them, but I feel like AEON does a better job. It looks more spacious and has a fixed toilet instead of a sliding one. The fold-up sink is neat.
- Huge heated rear cargo area...
- Little things like remote start. Thank you.
- Ability to add 4 extra battleborn batteries on (and not be overcharged for it either). A 13kw system is just perfect.
- Dual redundancy of two heating sources (gasoline and electricity via the heat pump).

I could go on and on. Honestly love everything about it. I literally can only think of one thing I could even remotely critique, and that would be the flexible solar panels. I am just not a big fan of flexible solar, but then again I totally understand why they were used. They are so easy to install (stick em on) and as much less weight. I think longevity of the newer panels might be better than the old ones. So this isn't even really a negative, because I would probably offer the same panels. That being said, I like that the option is offered to delete solar and get a 24v alternator instead. Honestly, I wonder if solar is even needed at that point. When you can pump more power into your batteries with 30 minutes of idling than solar panels can pump in an entire day you are probably past the point of needing solar.

I would love to know more info about the 24v alternator system. At $3500 is seems like quite the upgrade. What company is used for this conversion?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles