New Jeep Pick Up to be unveiled...The Gladiator

yoggie

Actually.... I would.

My comment was meant to be a bit of a sarcastic poke at Jeep. Although I would only buy one as a 4 door, I know many people would prefer a 2 door. When they were first building the JK Wrangler, they demoed a truck but the bean counters decided not to build one because it would never sell. So really my comment is meant to say that the old way of thinking was a truck would never sell, and here we are with and all indications is they will sell like hotcakes; so I wonder if those same bean counters that said no truck could be convinced to sell a 2 door, because I imagine it would sell much better than they think it would.

SheepnJeep

Who is excited to finally see one in person? I'm hoping our little Jeep dealership in Hancock gets one in eventually. They normally only stock a few of everything. I already have a ploy in place to take our Willys over there and schmooze a test drive.

G0to60

Observer
I saw one in the metal at the auto show here in Portland, OR earlier this year. It was roped off so you couldn't get into it but it was all opened up so you could see in and around it. It actually doesn't look as long in person and the proportions look pretty good.

I read an article that the take rate for mid-sized trucks was ~80% quad cab in the last five years so it makes sense that they aren't going to make a two door.

dstock

Explorer
I saw one in the metal at the auto show here in Portland, OR earlier this year. It was roped off so you couldn't get into it but it was all opened up so you could see in and around it. It actually doesn't look as long in person and the proportions look pretty good.

I read an article that the take rate for mid-sized trucks was ~80% quad cab in the last five years so it makes sense that they aren't going to make a two door.

I climbed all over the one at the LA Auto Show and it was everything I hoped it would be. I totally agree it looks better in person.

Bobzdar

Observer
Gah, I got the email saying I could pre-order the launch edition tomorrow....MSRP is 8k more than my JLUR came to, but it has a few more options (trail rail kit, bedliner, adaptive cruise) and, of course, a bed so I'm actually surprised at the pricing. I may do it like an idiot and then see what dealer will give me trade in and walk if it's not good, it'd really be awesome to have a truck bed - and I keep picturing it with a LR 110 style top on it and dreams of a true modern camel trophy style vehicle....

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Gah, I got the email saying I could pre-order the launch edition tomorrow....MSRP is 8k more than my JLUR came to, but it has a few more options (trail rail kit, bedliner, adaptive cruise) and, of course, a bed so I'm actually surprised at the pricing. I may do it like an idiot and then see what dealer will give me trade in and walk if it's not good, it'd really be awesome to have a truck bed - and I keep picturing it with a LR 110 style top on it and dreams of a true modern camel trophy style vehicle....
Oh I know the top you are talking about. There was a post on it here in another thread. Love it!

Bobzdar

Observer
Also buys you a jeep...
I put in for the preorder, we'll set how it pans out. I think you can also enter the $100k contest if you submit a video describing how you'd spend a year without having to work.

Kind of a stupid promo if you ask me, there's so much pent up demand for these they don't need any kind of promo to sell the first year or two worth of production unless they're just trying to get some future marketing material.

Last edited:

Bobzdar

Observer
Is there a date on when the diesel power plant will be available to order yet?

Not until next year (maybe). Tow rating will be lower, so I'm not really interested. It'd oddly make more sense in the jl where towing isn't cooling limited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles