New HiAce 4x4 RV Owner here

Deshet

Adventurer
My 1994 Toyota Tomboy Hiace 4x4 has arrived.
What size wheels and tires are you guys running?
Mine is on the larger size. It has 8" wide wheels in the rear and 6" wide wheels in the front.
How tall of a tire can I go without a lift?

Would someone please help translate these pictures? I think the second is timing belt intervals.

Attachments

• 20200125_095605.jpg
    20200125_095605.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
  • 20200125_095414.jpg
    20200125_095414.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Andywear

Google translate and you have to draw the characters.
Fun stuff.

Pics of the rig man, not stickers, llolz

Deshet

Adventurer
I will post pics soon.

Are any of you guys running Toyota tundra wheels all the way around?

I am wondering if they are too wide for the front?

I would like to upgrade to a 16 wheels, I run load e rated 265/65/16s on my Land cruiser and they perform pretty well. (Falken wild peaks)

This isn't mine by it is the same exact model. You may want to adjust(mute) your speakers

Last edited:

Lovetheworld

While they are called Hiace and will share some parts, they are also related to the Toyota Dyna's. The cabin is more of a Dyna.

Wheel size will be difficult. There is some knowledge on this topic for normal Hiaces, but your model is more specific.
You will find 16 inch that fit the pattern, but the rest you will need to figure out yourself. I think it pretty limited.

Deshet

Adventurer
I do believe that it is more of a HiAce with a heavy frame and a slight larger rear end.

I believe that everything is the same.

It is roughly 16' long.

Thanks

Deshet

Adventurer
I got it translated, pull when doing water crossing above 20 cm. I assume it turns the fan off or closes a vent.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200125_095558.jpg
    20200125_095558.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23

Lovetheworld

I am also curious where the air intake is. On the regular Hiaces, it is on the right side of the vehicle, visible from the bottom, air intake visible on the side next to the door. But I don't see the air intake there, so maybe it goes through the front grill.
In terms of watercrossings or dusty areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne