New here, New trailer

mccolganm4

Hello there, thought it was about time I contributed something instead of stealing ideas.
I'm in Scotland, not much overland opportunity here but I loved the idea of an overland trailer. After messing about with an old chassis for a while and not getting anywhere I eventually found a converted Sankey trailer with RTT local to me. I couldn't not buy it.
Anyway I'll add a couple of pictures, but first I'm in need of an idea. I have bought a 270 awning that I intend to fit but the top of the trailer in about 6" too low. Is there a simple/genius way of raising it when in use but lowering again for travelling?
0fce60ad99fbee74fefa90dd77d75164.jpg
8f13f97e1d5f9b5d3018c7aa26dd6785.jpg
a96cbf288269847f0234594b7f871403.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

mccolganm4

I've been looking in to linear actuators. I got the awning mounted today with what I had, it is about 6 inches too low so don't need much. I think I have a plan. I'll take some pictures over the next few days and update as I go. There has been a pretty constant supply of bits being delivered over the last week so have lots too do. Have a week off next week so should get a few bits done.

Your trailer looks great... we have some pretty strict trailer rules across here, so can't have crazy things like 5 burner grills hanging off the back

I can't wait to get some use out of the trailer now that I have replaced the turbo on my truck after blowing it while towing the trailer home.

mccolganm4

I'll see what I can do. Travel restrictions should be eased soon and ill get out and about.

billiebob

I'm very jealous/envious of the country side you have to explore in Scotland. And all of it so close to home. With the awning the RTT came with, mounting the other one on the Range Rover is a great idea. Be sure to take some pics. My Grandparents are from the Orkneys.

Is that a Chevrolet pickup box?? In Scotland ??

mccolganm4

We are heading to the Outer Hebridies this summer and plan on Orkney at some point next year. Im usually to busy enjoying myself to take pictures but im sure the better half will.
The box is purpose built and imported from South Africa aling with the tent. It is then mated to the Sankey trailer chassis in the UK.
Unfortunately the company that was putting them together is no longer trading.

Heres a picture from 2 weeks ago on the West Coast
5a915e80465e4fdea389b422e2c4d098.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles