New GX460 Front Bumper Option

JakeH

Adventurer
Prado_150_2017_Front_Hero__21733.1563675934.jpg
I've never heard of this iron man 4x4 brand, but at least somebody is selling a legit option for front end protection & recovery on 460s. Wonder if you still have to cut plastic to make it work?

oksir83

I posted in another thread, but figured this is a more relevant spot. Here is the Premium bar installed on my 2019. Slight differences to the one that xplorr posted with thicker headlight hoops and slightly different lines. Let me know if you have any specific questions...install wasn't too bad, but don't expect much help from the included instructions.

MVIMG_20190706_081148 (1).jpg

MVIMG_20190722_165337.jpg

Last edited:

moose545

Installing mine on a 2012 right now, trying to be sure I have my Superwinch wiring right, but I had to drill for my sensors and then get creative re-mounting the sensors but I did it. I'll post a thread soon, just need to figure out the wires for the turn signals and wire the fog lights later today. @oksir83 you happen to have some insight :)

oksir83

Installing mine on a 2012 right now, trying to be sure I have my Superwinch wiring right, but I had to drill for my sensors and then get creative re-mounting the sensors but I did it. I'll post a thread soon, just need to figure out the wires for the turn signals and wire the fog lights later today. @oksir83 you happen to have some insight :)

I never wired up the fogs as I've got some Baja Squadrons I'm going to try to mount in there. I just used the existing signal wires (cut off the OEM connectors) and wired to the Ironman signals. I did add some of those orange inline resistors to correct the hyper flash. Amazon, Walmart or any auto parts store should have them. LED turn signal resistor is probably the common name they go by.

moose545

Do you know which wire was what, you're talking about the wire lead to the back of the headlight correct? I connected my fogs to the stock wires but cutoff the harness plug and added good bullet connectors to match the ones that came from the Ironman bumper foglights. I will post up some pics, need to wire the turns and then put the bash plates on and go driving :cool:

moose545

Here's mine, I had to drill for my sensors and figure that out, 2012 pre-predator mouth grille ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0933.JPG
    IMG_0933.JPG
    446.9 KB · Views: 103

moose545

Hey I am installing an Ironman on my silver 2010 GX 460. How did you get the support bracket/U bolt attached with all the hard lines back there?

Definitely with some help from friends and extra hands! It takes some fanagaling to get both on loose finally but it's possible, I only have one are where a PS line touches that I need to watch or have a new line made to include the proper bend. Chris at Ironman 4x4 is extremely helpful and will help over the phone as much as needed. The instructions aren't the best, I can send you some pics and everything I've got if needed, just slow right now since I had knee surgery on 12/26.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles