New GMRS Handheld Two-Way Radios Now Available

dreadlocks

MicroUSB charging, nice job.. it makes life alot easier when you dont need special charging cradles out in the field, I've been requiring this for some time now and its quite nice.

edit midland mucked up and made good on it

Last edited:

Campndad

Essayons!!
Just ordered second day air for our off-road ride Saturday with century Land Rover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campndad

Essayons!!
MicroUSB charging, nice job.. it makes life alot easier when you dont need special charging cradles out in the field, I've been requiring this for some time now and its quite nice.

Am I missing where the micro-usb plug is?

dreadlocks

they stealth ninja edited the page, the Micro-USB charging cable is now an AC adapter under "whats in the box".. booo.. Google cache from earlier this week lists DC adapter too but thats gone, I dont think they know whats in the box yet.. shrug.

Campndad

Essayons!!
I should have looked before I bought. Dang. Still a good radio charging in the office now.

43982052fb512fc4ca14f38161045a00.jpg

dreadlocks

This pic was still on the product page, showing a USB port..

This is the standard symbol for USB:

Sorry you got hoodwinked, I did too by giving em kudos for that feature.. that sucks, you have my condolences.. apparently MidLand dont know whats in their own boxes or the specs of their own devices.. oof, might as well order em from the same Chinese company that makes these and save your self some cash..

No USB, No Repeater Support.. cant recommend these at all.. I got 6 Chinese radios, a programming cable, 6 gang charger and they support USB Charging and Repeaters.. for far less than a pair of these.. meh

Last edited:

MOguy

Explorer
This pic was still on the product page, showing a USB port..
View attachment 505103

This is the standard symbol for USB:
View attachment 505104

Sorry you got hoodwinked, I did too by giving em kudos for that feature.. that sucks, you have my condolences.. apparently MidLand dont know whats in their own boxes or the specs of their own devices.. oof, might as well order em from the same Chinese company that makes these and save your self some cash..

No USB, No Repeater Support.. cant recommend these at all.. I got 6 Chinese radios, a programming cable, 6 gang charger and they support USB Charging and Repeaters.. for far less than a pair of these.. meh

I have a pair of the Cobra equivalent. I am sure these will be 2 watt and the antennas won't come off. We use ours for fishing or kayaking because they are waterproof float and seem to be more durable. They do serve a purpose but nothing I would consider for vehicle use.

There are the less expensive Chinese ones like you mention for about 25 bucks. They has twice the power and you can have the option of different antennas making it far far better for use in a vehicle. You can get them for about 80 bucks each with about 4 times the power of the one in the OP. These radios are all programmable and have more capabilities but aren't kosher with the FCC.

Last edited:

dreadlocks

Zastone X6, $16 each.. 3W (they claim) they are not perfect, but they are small, rugged and cheap enough I can pass em out like Candy to my boys and their cousins and not care too much if one or two dont find their way back home.

They get a really high WAF Score because they are small & light enough to fit in her pockets.. she didnt ever take my older radios that were effectively plastic bricks you could beat a man to death with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles