New Gary Fisher Supercaliber

mightymike

Adventurer
A question for the knowledgeable:

I just bought a new '07 Gary Fisher Supercaliber 29er frame. How many of the components of my '08 Specialized Rockhopper 29er can I expect to swap over?

Thanks-

Mike

Cackalak Han

Explorer
I think you can pretty much swap everything over. Areas of question might be the BB size, seat post size and headtube angle.

Twenty-niner

Front derailleur-- I think Specialized bikes are 34.9 diameter and bottom swing still. Not sure about GF bikes. New front der.: $30.

Bottom bracket-- both bikes are going to be 68, so you're good there.

Seatpost won't switch over. Spec bikes are 30.9 (? something funky like that) and GF are 31.6. New post: $30-60.

You may run into problems with the fork steerer tube length. Just measure the headtube of each bike. If the Supercaliber headtube is the same length or shorter than the headtube on the Specialized, you're golden.

If you run into headtube discrepencies, look into the option of just buying a new steerer tube and crown rather than a new fork.

mightymike

Adventurer
Many thanks for the replies-

I think I got a good deal on the frame and hope to keep the overall costs low. I made the mistake of riding a friend's full suspension bike and that was all that it took!

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
cool... It is a Karate Monkey fork, again, brown color if you want to look it up. Super cheap, $40 or so? I also have either a steel or aluminum kenesis fork, no name, more of a dull brown but no disk tabs... :)

29er

Observer
Doh! I was searching all over for that very fork a couple weeks ago and finally broke down and ordered a new one! Daggum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior