New FWC Hawk

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Those of you with Fords... did yours have the backup camera in the tailgate? If so did you replace and with what?
Just relocate the camera in the body below the camper, we have done a couple for customers and my tech made an angled shim for proper alignment. We sold the customers new cameras so the could leave the factory one in the tailgate.

Frosty_1

Adventurer
Just relocate the camera in the body below the camper, we have done a couple for customers and my tech made an angled shim for proper alignment. We sold the customers new cameras so the could leave the factory one in the tailgate.

I did this same thing on my Chevy. Bought a second camera, so I could leave the original in the tailgate. Second camera is mounted to my Hawk with VHB tape, so no holes were drilled into camera. Works great!

XJINTX

Explorer
I'm really looking at a license plate type camera. So you are saying I can buy the camera like that is currently in my Tailgate handle and make a shim? I honestly don't see how I could remove it. As posted there was a connector and a cover for it right under tailgate. It would be nice to be able to use that connector. Hate to sound a dummy but I know I'll want backup when trailer is installed. I also want my tailgate on if I dismount the trailer (not planned)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior