New FWC Hawk

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I wheel the heck out of my Superduty with a Grandby. I have a spray in, but I started using a mat on top and the extra compression stops the camper from ever moving and makes up for any slack.

SUPERDUTY.jpg

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
I wheel the heck out of my Superduty with a Grandby. I have a spray in, but I started using a mat on top and the extra compression stops the camper from ever moving and makes up for any slack.

[/ATTACH]
Mine doesn't move with just the spray in and we're on a lot of dirt also.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Mine doesn't move with just the spray in and we're on a lot of dirt also.

Ours never moved front to rear but definitely would shift in the back on rough trails. I tried the mat and it stopped it completely and now the turn buckles don't need to be over tightened. Without the mat it does dry out quicker on the bottom which is a good thing.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
With the tin can metal thickness in new trucks I've used a rubber mat as well as a sprayed liner for the last 15 yrs.
The rubber mat will save that expensive liner if nothing else. Makes a good sound suppressor also.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
And with a thick mat like the Black Armour, you add an extra 1/2" of bed rail/cab clearance, which may be helpful at times.

scduboy

Observer
Apologize for the delay... I will get pics up soon. Right off the bat i lived in it for 3weeks. Its been awesome to say the least.. Pulls great on my truck, everything works like a champ. Denny over at FWC Jackson Hole was awesome and very helpful during the entire process. My wife and i got a nice bull during our trip... Heres a sneak peak.. I will get you all more pics..

Ozark

Observer
I picked up a Hawk in June from FWC factory. All I did was add Torklift Stableloads and my rig rides and corners great. I never drove it with the camper without the stableloads. I leave the camper on full time. My papers from FWC said camper weight was 1240. I drive a 2015 F150 crewcab FX4 with3.5 eco. The Hawk has been great on several road trips. I have been wanting to add a rear cargo rack but they block the rear backup sensors and cross traffic alert as well as the blind spot alarm. It is amazing how fast you get spoiled. The best thing about our Hawk that surprised us a little is how comfortable the bed is and we are both almost 60.

XJINTX

Explorer
Those of you with Fords... did yours have the backup camera in the tailgate? If so did you replace and with what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles