New fuel pump

CharlieNorth

For my Pajero project being this is a diesel to petrol swap I bought a new fuel pump assy, this was bought overseas and is supplied with an unmarked pump.
I am mulling through my mind if I should run this as delivered or swap this brand new pump to an actual Denso pump.

I consider this to be a roll of dice, this lord knows who or where it was made pump might be just fine but it could be a one month wonder as well.
Over the decades I generally have only replaced pump assemblies due to external rust destroying the outlet tube. The fun of the Northeast, My wife's GVR4 the outlet tube from the pump started leaking, I cut it flush and welded an AN-6 fitting and ran a new Cu-Ni line under the car.

This Pajero is getting all Cu-Ni tubing from the get go so I do not even have to consider issues in the future.

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
If it is already going to be out, and the Denso pump is rated correctly, I would put it in and keep the other as an emergency spare.

I put a Denso pump in my 3.8l last year that has been running well. RockAuto has new Denso pumps as well.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Let me know your thoughts on the mystery pump hanger assembly, the v8 has an in tank FPR and i may need to butcher an assembly. Debating getting a new one to experiment on.

CharlieNorth

I just got around to ordering a new DENSO 9510008 from Rock, The OEM for the Monteros and most every Mitsu is the DENSO 9510007.
It was not till I just got back here and saw Toasty's comment about needing a in-tank regulating pump. That might be what the 0008 is since the Mivec engine has a closed fuel rail as most new cars utilize. I truly wish Google still provided a lick of information when you search for it rather than just linking to who pays them the most.
I was rigging this with a remote regulator/filter from a mid 90s BMW, these take a vacuum signal from the manifold and have a return line.
I might well have bought what is proper for a returnless system as Toasty needs as well. This pump should fit in the original in tank mount. If so I just need to chose an underbody or firewall mount filter.

CharlieNorth

Toasty, I went back to Rock to look at Toyota pumps, they seem to be listed with filter socks and other bits that those additional stuff alone change a PN, until I can find a tech catalog I can not truly answer the question about in tank regulation. If I had two good legs I would jump to conclusion I have the answer, but I can not document it, yet.
FWIW the Toy pumps look the same such that the pump will or should go into the Mitsu tank holder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior