New from AEV - The Prospector XL

AEV

Supporting Sponsor - American Expedition Vehicles
After years of developing, testing and fine tuning, American Expedition Vehicles is proud to introduce the Prospector XL. Based on the Ram 2500/3500 platform, the Prospector XL shares many of the same components as the original AEV Prospector, with the addition of some very unique upgrades to transform this truck into something truly remarkable.

AEV's HighMark Fender Flares open up the front and rear wheel wells, allowing for the fitment of 40" tall tires with only 3" of suspension system - the result is massive ground clearance for off-road excursions and a low center of gravity for optimized on road handling. AEV also installs a heavy duty Hydraulic Assist Steering Kit which not only reduces the amount of driver steering effort needed to turn those massive tires but also reduces the amount of stress on the vehicle's steering box.

The Prospector XL has proven itself to be the ultimate, most adventure ready vehicle platform from AEV to date. With its heavy duty stamped steel front bumper, aggressively wide stance and massive 40” tires the Prospector XL is designed for the overland adventure travelers and recreational explorers who require a full-size truck that is extremely capable off-road, has the ability to tow heavy loads and still maintains exceptional driving characteristics on the road.

As a turn-key vehicle conversion, AEV takes all the guess work out of building your next adventure-ready truck. All of the components included in the AEV Prospector XL package have been meticulously designed and engineered to work in harmony with each other --maximizing both the on road performance and off-road capability without any compromise in ride quality, handling or towing ability.

Click here for more info!

attachment.php

F5driver

Adventurer
I didn't notice options to upgrade the drivetrain. Does AEV re-gear to turn the 40's? What about lockers?

AEV

Supporting Sponsor - American Expedition Vehicles
I didn't notice options to upgrade the drivetrain. Does AEV re-gear to turn the 40's? What about lockers?

There is an optional gear differential upgrade to 4.30.

Last edited:

bdp1978

Adventurer
:drool::drool::drool:

Just crossed the Zilwaukee Bridge with a black regular Prospector on Monday coming back from NOMI. Love 'em everytime I see them!

haven

Expedition Leader
Finally an off-road capable vehicle with some carrying capacity!

You can spend as much for a Ford Raptor, and have only 1200 lb of cargo capacity. The 2016 Ram Power Wagon in Tradesman trim offers only 1500 lb cargo capacity, and no diesel option.

I'm thinking a diesel Prospector with flatbed and 4 Wheel Campers side entry camper...

mbenne4

AEV's HighMark Fender Flares open up the front and rear wheel wells, allowing for the fitment of 40" tall tires with only 3" of suspension system - the result is massive ground clearance for off-road excursions and a low center of gravity for optimized on road handling. AEV also installs a heavy duty Hydraulic Assist Steering Kit which not only reduces the amount of driver steering effort needed to turn those massive tires but also reduces the amount of stress on the vehicle's steering box.

Truck looks great, impressive job!

What is the actual ground clearance?

Inches? Feet?

TwinStick

Explorer
Lockers ? Avail now or in the future ? (I know the front AAM 14 bolt 9.25 & the AAM 14 bolt 11.5" ARB's are avail for 3rd gens, but what about the new ones ?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles