New frame VIN issue

SO here is a question for you guys that have rebuilt a camper including a new frame. My camper is registered and the VIN is stamped on the tongue. I'm going to built a new frame to go under the camper. What do you do to transfer the registration if you want to sell the old frame? I hope I'm being clear. The VIN is only hand stamped on the frame and I can see stamping the new frame with same VIN. do I then grind off the VIN on old frame and sell as a home built with no title?

Oscar Mike

New member
When I built my old CJ a few years back and the original VIN was lost. I had an engraved plaque made and I riveted it to the Jeep. Never had a problem.