NEW FORD TRANSIT 2" LIFT KIT "COASTAL CRUISER"

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
It is finally here folks, the all new Ford Transit 2" lift kit the "COASTAL CRUISER". There are so many things that the Transit needs so we figured we would start with the first thing, Stock is boring and bigger tires are a must. To fit bigger tires and improve articulation we designed a new lower control arm to adjust ball joint angles and keep the track width. To improve articulation we ditched the horizontal bushing and added a heim joint which will now allow the arm to cycle more then 10". Another benefit of the heim is it will allow you to adjust the lower arm for increased caster. To get the 2" of lift we machined a billet shock spacer from 6061 aluminum that will also correct the camber that uses factory mounting.
On this van we are running a 265x70x17 and there was trimming necessary to clear the tire.
WTD-Ford-Transit-Lower-Control-Arm-2.jpgWTD-Ford-Transit-2-inch-Suspension-Lift-Kit-Coastal-Cruiser_0002_DSC09577.jpgWTD-Ford-Transit-2-inch-Suspension-Lift-Kit-Coastal-Cruiser_0001_DSC09601.jpg

Let us know what you think and what you would like to see built next for the Ford Transit ?
Thanks
Jeremy

Attachments

• WTD-Ford-Transit-Lower-Control-Arm-2.jpg
    WTD-Ford-Transit-Lower-Control-Arm-2.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 25

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Dude you nailed it !!!
I have been searching for someone to build lower arms to fix this very issue and was about to juat mig it up myself.
So cool and I will be reaching out to ordee these.
I will show them to Quadvan when I am up there in Sept getting my front Eaton Trutrac swapped to an ARB air locker.
Now if we can just get something better than the B6 shock, a resi would be perfect for all the Baja washboard.
21NORRA1KDAY4-2204.JPG

Pinnacle Campers

Chateau spotter
AWD compatible?
Yes, I even watched the video through to the end where it says "am I missing anything?"
Does it work with the AWD?
How is the CV bind?
Is the lift built into the top of the strut as we have seen from VanCompass, etc.
Cost?
Availability?

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
AWD compatible?

"The WeldTec Designs “Coastal Cruiser” for the Ford Transit RWD will give your van a whole new look"

" Awesome we will also be sure to keep you all posted about the AWD. Should be test fitting in the coming weeks!"

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Yes, I even watched the video through to the end where it says "am I missing anything?"
Does it work with the AWD?
How is the CV bind?
Is the lift built into the top of the strut as we have seen from VanCompass, etc.
Cost?
Availability?
Lots of great questions here! We now have a AWD kit. It will cycle all of the shock downtravel without binding in the passenger side which is the short axle side. I have included a link to the product and if you have additional questions please let me know.
Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94