New for 2022? GXV and EarthCruiser hints

blulegend

there are only two chassis I know off that do not need a torsion free subframe. 1. Mercedes sprinter cab chassis and 2. Ford transit cab chassis.
I drive a transit and can confirm that there is zero issues without a subframe. But what you do need are wheel wells to allow for your suspension to move. Not needing a subframe also means less weight, cost savings and reduced overall height.
Wow, thank you!

Craig_C

there are only two chassis I know off that do not need a torsion free subframe. 1. Mercedes sprinter cab chassis and 2. Ford transit cab chassis.
I drive a transit and can confirm that there is zero issues without a subframe. But what you do need are wheel wells to allow for your suspension to move. Not needing a subframe also means less weight, cost savings and reduced overall height.
Andreas,
I believe yours is hard mounted to the cab and the AEONrv has a rubber accordion boot. If adding lift and/or 4wd do you see any risk with hard mounting it to the Transit cab? I like the ruggedness of the Ford E series, but not needing a subframe and factory AWD would be huge.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Andreas,
I believe yours is hard mounted to the cab and the AEONrv has a rubber accordion boot. If adding lift and/or 4wd do you see any risk with hard mounting it to the Transit cab? I like the ruggedness of the Ford E series, but not needing a subframe and factory AWD would be huge.

Ours, AEONrv and Advanced RV hard mount the camper to the drivers cab. No issues so far (also not expected). Ours is 2" lifted, Bigger tires. We regularly take it off the paved roads. You also need to remember that the transit is by no means a rock crawler or meant to be taken through some technical trails. The low hanging rear diff and suspension mounts will prevent you from doing so.

Alloy

Don't need? What makes the chassis more rigid than other chassis?

Alloy

It's a boxed frame. Frames with an open C profile flex.

In theory yes but the frames still flex. Advanced RV know this so they do a ton of work to reinforce the cab and box to resist torsion.

It is important people know this so people can choose between a vehicle that's made to go off the pavement vs. off road and how they use a hydraulic leveling system.

Victorian

In theory yes but the frames still flex. Advanced RV know this so they do a ton of work to reinforce the cab and box to resist torsion.

It is important people know this so people can choose between a vehicle that's made to go off the pavement vs. off road and how they use a hydraulic leveling system.
Advanced modifies the mounting points but do not stiffen up the frame or do anything special to the box. I have been there many times :)

Victorian

You can trust me on that… they use our bodies and we helped with the engineering. They put a lot of very well thought details into the overall design to further stiffen the body and increase passenger safety. But frame flex was nothing to worry about. I believe there was even something in writing from Mercedes but not 100% sure about that.
aside from that, there are several manufacturers in Europe that are doing roughly the same without any subframes.

saintnomad

Well, both GXV and EarthCruiser have said to look out for some changes in 2022. Teasers.

From Instagram:
globalxvehicles Thank you for another amazing year! GXV has some great things in store for 2022, so stay tuned. Until next year ???

From EC Instagram: Big things are in store in 2022! Wishing you all a very happy New Year and cheers to many adventures ahead.
And EC news letter: Stay tuned for big news coming in January 2022
Does GXV build their expedition vehicles themselves for sure?

Steve_382

Since this was the newest GXV topic, I will post this here. It seems like their website has been down most of the day today. They may not even know. The Adventure Truck website is still working.

gregmchugh

Observer
Since this was the newest GXV topic, I will post this here. It seems like their website has been down most of the day today. They may not even know. The Adventure Truck website is still working.
Looks like most of the website is accessible except for the home page and a couple others.

Steve_382

Looks like most of the website is accessible except for the home page and a couple others.
I noticed that they have modified the website so that it now only shows the Adventure Truck XT and not the smaller one. I assume that is because StoryTeller may still be taking over production on the smaller one. It's been pretty quiet on info about that though. Last time I talked to ST they said the announcement would likely be made during their summer product update PR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz