New Expedition Camper - Overland Explorer

HowardH

Adventurer
ahhhh the 3000 dollar question. In general driving it feels fine. I have not towed with it yet. It has a 6-speed transmission and of course diesels are torquy. Still going up a small incline in low range it bogged down and it wouldn't spin the tires in loose sand. IN LOW RANGE. I am thinking it needs to be re-geared.

Quick feedback is that it's critical to get the torque right on the track bar. Also the tires give a much better ride on the washboards.

180out

Well that was one of the goals. I have been playing with psi on my toyos. 50 seems to soften the dirt roads nice but you have to get back to 100 when you find pavement.

java

Expedition Leader
Anyone know of a rear axle, for single wheels, I can purchase that would match the front for width?
That's that's going to be rated for your weight..... Aren't the buckstop same width front and rear?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

180out

are you still loving the supersingle upgrade? i just did 600 miles in the dirt with little issues on the toyo's but the soft sand is still a concern, all that weight and those little front tires want to dig in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles