New Electric Rivian Truck To Challenge Land Rover

richmondbob

Adventurer
Well color me Vegan and pass the extension cord ... The New Rivian R1T Truck Is A Direct Challenge to Land Rover

Rivian-R1T-Electric-Truck-gear-patrol-slide-1-1940x1300.jpg

Rivian-R1T-Electric-Truck-gear-patrol-slide-9-1940x1300.jpg

Rivian-R1T-Electric-Truck-gear-patrol-slide-5-1940x1300.jpg

Rivian-R1T-Electric-Truck-gear-patrol-slide-3-1940x1300.jpg

krick3tt

Adventurer
Will really barely get you to Moab (355 miles) let alone drive the trails. Only has a 400 mile run, maybe.

Silmarillion

Observer
Moab looks sunny in the pics... Just get one or two of those USB solar chargers!

Looks like a cool truck! Park it next to the Tesla truck.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Will it have a solar powered winch? or a freezer/fridge?
I really don't see a challenge here except for in the 'looks like' dept.

LKLK

I think Bollinger is more of a direct rival rival with it's homage ala defender:

vk7opic8mccompjqs7cy.jpg

Also, because it's a small business, they have a bigger opportunity on deciding how to get it made. I would like to see this more of a realm of possibility...

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
400 mile range is pretty damn good for a E truck or E SUV. The Bolinger only has a 150 mile usable range. If the Bolinger had a 400 mile range it would be a contender. An electric off road vehicle would be pretty darn sweet, way better than a diesel or gas powered vehicle.

justbecause

perpetually lost
Do you plug it into the nearest cactus to charge it? Perhaps a solar powered boulder? Get real people.

with the horseless carriage what are you going to do? You can't pull over and water and feed it to keep about your way, you have to find specific " filling station" and PAY for "fuel". I tell you, the automobile will never be anything more than a rich mans toy.

This is a bit off the mark for the common market but Nikola is producing an all-electric UTV already built off the Marine's Reckless NZT. Electric is coming to off-road market but I would expect it's going to take the initial plunge with quick-release battery packs first to extend range. Expect to see some BAJA time first for their UTV.

Nikola Reckless NZT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles