New Electric Rivian Truck To Challenge Land Rover

LKLK

400 mile range is pretty damn good for a E truck or E SUV. The Bolinger only has a 150 mile usable range. If the Bolinger had a 400 mile range it would be a contender. An electric off road vehicle would be pretty darn sweet, way better than a diesel or gas powered vehicle.

There are a lot of off-road vehicles that dont make 400 miles on a tank. Mind you, battery tech and chemistry is improving daily. 150 miles could be a base version, the company has a lot of options on how to proceed making the vehicle along with sourcing the ideal battery components.

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
Is that 400 miles on road or off road?
As with any car your milage may vary. I have a Chevy Bolt with a 250 mile range, I can go further than that if most of my driving is downhill. One of the places I go rock climbing is up Angeles Crest Hwy in So Cal. I can leave home with 250 range, by the time I get to my climbing area I have 110 mile range. Driving home is mostly downhill except for the last ten miles on the freeway. By the time I get home my milage is back up to 200 gaining 90 miles just through battery charging during coasting and breaking. I would assume the Rivian will be similar.

Blaise

Why are we talking about a concept car?

This is like when everybody went nuts over the Tesla roadster.

IT DOESN'T EXIST PEOPLE. YOU CANNOT BUY ONE.

Why are we talking about a concept car?

This is like when everybody went nuts over the Tesla roadster.

IT DOESN'T EXIST PEOPLE. YOU CANNOT BUY ONE.

Very true...concepts are generally test vehicles for future production! In your example, the Roadster was the test vehicle for the Model S technology for almost a decade. And then my $65 Tesla stock went to $300 and smiles for miles!

There is a large gap in the electric pick-up market that someone needs to fill...........looks like these peeps are looking to get a jump on it!

Blaise

No, this is not a test vehicle, it's a concept. I was talking about the Roadster model Tesla 'released' recently to try to increase hype as they were running out of cash. It was in no way a production vehicle.

I'm not knocking them, it's just important to remember that anyone can draw a pretty picture. Many people can create a one-off beauty. Production - whole different animal.

Observer
Blaise, the Rivian and the new Tesla Roadster are not concepts. I think pre-production is a better description. You can place deposits for both models right now. Rivian's third model is expected to be and electric rally car. Should be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles