New Electric Rivian Truck To Challenge Land Rover

krick3tt

Adventurer
Will really barely get you to Moab (355 miles) let alone drive the trails. Only has a 400 mile run, maybe.

justbecause

perpetually lost
Will really barely get you to Moab (355 miles) let alone drive the trails. Only has a 400 mile run, maybe.
a tacoma, frontier, 4runner, or xterra averages 18mpg has a 22 gallon tank, max range 396 miles.

those vehicles can't go to moab?

lets not bring up the 8-12 mpg land cruisers or land rovers.......

Silmarillion

Observer
Moab looks sunny in the pics... Just get one or two of those USB solar chargers!

Looks like a cool truck! Park it next to the Tesla truck.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Will it have a solar powered winch? or a freezer/fridge?
I really don't see a challenge here except for in the 'looks like' dept.

LKLK

I think Bollinger is more of a direct rival rival with it's homage ala defender:

Also, because it's a small business, they have a bigger opportunity on deciding how to get it made. I would like to see this more of a realm of possibility...

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
400 mile range is pretty damn good for a E truck or E SUV. The Bolinger only has a 150 mile usable range. If the Bolinger had a 400 mile range it would be a contender. An electric off road vehicle would be pretty darn sweet, way better than a diesel or gas powered vehicle.

This is a bit off the mark for the common market but Nikola is producing an all-electric UTV already built off the Marine's Reckless NZT. Electric is coming to off-road market but I would expect it's going to take the initial plunge with quick-release battery packs first to extend range. Expect to see some BAJA time first for their UTV.

Nikola Reckless NZT