New Dobinson Gen 3 Montero/Pajero Lift Kit Option

ChrisCosta416

It looks like their MRR offering is now available on the Dobinsons direct website .

Anyone running it and do they have any feedback on it? There were some early issues with the Parker hoses failing in Aus.
View attachment 658711

For that amount of money, it would be best to save it and go for Kings at this point.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
For that amount of money, it would be best to save it and go for Kings at this point.
Damn, yeah. At that price you can get way better shocks and service with King. Gotta wait 6 months for them to build (Mine came in 2.5 months) but it'll be way worth it plus you can have them tuned and rebuilt if ever needed.

Vector78

George Gergov
Damn, yeah. At that price you can get way better shocks and service with King. Gotta wait 6 months for them to build (Mine came in 2.5 months) but it'll be way worth it plus you can have them tuned and rebuilt if ever needed.
The Dobinsons MRR/IMS line is rebuildable. Rebuilding is prob. not worth it for the IMS line as you can get new shocks for half your shipping costs with no downtime. The Raptor fox shocks are also rebuildable but owners still opt to buy new ones due to the headache.

I like the Kings and the support they have but there are other offerings on the market that are catching up quickly. Plus, i think everyone has different goals and budgets building these rigs and the kings setup requires $1k in a-arms and the servicing headaches that go along with uni-ball joints.

For $~400 over the standard OME/Lovell/Bils/Koni combo the Dobi's IMS are a good alternative. You don't have to mess with strut assembly, get consolidated shipping, can adjust front preload/ride height on car and shocks are extremely beefy for 99% of the US buyers out there. I couldn't get any fade from mine after an hr+ on FS roads here in WA state.