New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
Naw mate, the LR4 seems bigger and much better as a camping vehicle.
I like how functional the LR4 pkg is.
If you think 18" wheels on a offroad build is a plus, you've lost the plot.

It’s bigger than a LR4. ?‍♂️ It’s taller, longer, and wider. The core differences is in off road capability and load capacities as well as interior design. There are also some key differences mechanically like stronger suspension bushings and larger diameter shocks. As well as the strongest axle shafts Land Rover has ever used. Not to mention the Defender has ip67 rated electronics inside and out. Oh and the fact it can fit 18” wheels and 35’s. But yeah it’s just a LR4.
Just like a Classic Defender is a RRC and a D1.

Blaise

LR4 is def bigger, its part of what's gonna be tough for us when we get a Defender... gonna need to downsize a bit with our camp gear. Having the electronic rearview mirror means we can pile some lightweight stuff (mattresses, sleeping bags, etc) up high though.

Not sure why 18"s wouldn't be a plus?

Blaise

Here we go again, tell us how often you need solid axles or 37s ANYWHERE in america outside of a dedicated 4x4 obstacle course.

Nearly 80k miles of touring around the american west so far.... still haven't found a place I've had to turn around....

EricTyrrell

Expo God
Here we go again, tell us how often you need solid axles or 37s ANYWHERE in america outside of a dedicated 4x4 obstacle course.

Nearly 80k miles of touring around the american west so far.... still haven't found a place I've had to turn around....

What relation do 37s and solid axles have to ideal wheel size? Keep beating that strawman.

Blaise

OK, where do you need more than a 65 series tire ANYWHERE in america outside of a dedicated 4x4 obstacle course.

Nearly 80k miles of touring around the american west so far.... still haven't had a flat despite being told a non-E rated tire would go poof the moment I touched gravel.

Carson G

Naw mate, the LR4 seems bigger and much better as a camping vehicle.
I like how functional the LR4 pkg is.
If you think 18" wheels on a offroad build is a plus, you've lost the plot.
It’s wider and taller than the D4. The D4’s body is slightly longer however the Defender is longer overall. 18’s from the factory are a big deal for a modern Land Rover considering most in the last 12 years could only fit 19’s or bigger. 16’s or 17’s would be better but 18’s will work fine.

EricTyrrell

Expo God
It’s wider and taller than the D4. The D4’s body is slightly longer however the Defender is longer overall. 18’s from the factory are a big deal for a modern Land Rover considering most in the last 12 years could only fit 19’s or bigger. 16’s or 17’s would be better but 18’s will work fine.

Maybe, just maybe, the guy was referring to size in terms of usable space, not irrelevant outside dimensions inflated by ever increasing pillar thickness.

Blaise

Yep. 78cuft vs 90 in the Defender vs LR3/4 vs . Exterior dimensions (especially when counting a rear mounted spare) are kinda pointless.

Pillar thicknesses are annoying but at least visibility has been excellent in these trucks (older and newer). My BRZ has nearly no rearward visibility but it's awful nice having a 5.5x roof strength vs the near-zero of old vehicles.

EricTyrrell

Expo God
OK, where do you need more than a 65 series tire ANYWHERE in america outside of a dedicated 4x4 obstacle course.

Nearly 80k miles of touring around the american west so far.... still haven't had a flat despite being told a non-E rated tire would go poof the moment I touched gravel.

65? lol. I'll stick with 75-85.

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
LR4: Nearly the same size but larger in every critical dimension
LR4 cargo area is vastly more practical and larger

It’s wider and taller than the D4. The D4’s body is slightly longer however the Defender is longer overall.

what does this even mean? You're making my arguments for me.
18’s from the factory are a big deal for a modern Land Rover considering most in the last 12 years could only fit 19’s or bigger. 16’s or 17’s would be better but 18’s will work fine.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 8.55.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 8.55.11 AM.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 8

Corgi_express

Is this ************ still posting pictures of people who work at JLR to try to shame them for their appearance and diminish the brand? What kind of insecure manbaby does this nonsense? Grow the hell up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles