New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Is that a Cherokee? I'll bet that a Suby would waste it. Especially if the Subaru'ers all have butch haircuts. Extra points for color. Subaru is a ton better than a Dodge Nitro.........and that minivan sure looks a bit like a Dodge Nitro.

Not a Cherokee or a jeep:
Second_generation_KK_%28Jeep_Liberty%29.jpg

Last edited:
In the US the car in the video was called the Jeep Liberty (the Commander was a bigger, failed attempt at creating a 3 row SUV). It was intended to be the replacement for the Cherokee, and the Dodge Nitro was a rebranded version. Were not very good cars.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
In the US the car in the video was called the Jeep Liberty (the Commander was a bigger, failed attempt at creating a 3 row SUV). It was intended to be the replacement for the Cherokee, and the Dodge Nitro was a rebranded version. Were not very good cars.
Agreed. I think outside of North America, the Liberty was called the Cherokee.

JeepColorado

I agree- I think it's basically an LR5- nothing wrong per se with that. It's an ok vehicle, but it's not what it could and should have been in my opinion. A look around the forum's and there's a lot who agree. I think it's disappointing that LR didn't do something that would really capture your heart- just kind of more of the same.

That Ineos is exactly what the Defender should have been- the people on here who say there wasn't a business case couldn't be more wrong. Jeep is a prime example and I think the new Bronco will be too. LR didn't have the commitment to enthusiast and the courage to build something bold.

Carson G

Oh and Lucky8 already has the front bumper design finished they’re getting ready to start fabrication. There are a ton of shops working on stuff for the Defender. Basically all current LR off-road suppliers are working on stuff.

T-Willy

Who cares about the Grenadier That new Bronco is legit. I really like the new defender but I can get over how Gerry Land Rover missed the ball on the Front clip. Ford, Jeep Making Heritage and History New again.

I do. I care about the Grenadier. And Defender.

Bronco is fantastic for what it is, but its 1370 lb payload is only marginally better than Wrangler's. Both are weekender recreation trucks; neither are tourers designed to carry heavy loads like Defender, Grenadier (or old Land Cruisers or Defenders).

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I do. I care about the Grenadier. And Defender.

Bronco is fantastic for what it is, but its 1370 lb payload is only marginally better than Wrangler's. Both are weekender recreation trucks; neither are tourers designed to carry heavy loads like Defender, Grenadier (or old Land Cruisers or Defenders).
I live In North America. You are never more that 60 miles form Food or Gas here. (Yes yes I know you can get farther off grid). So weekend Warriors are all you need. And if you need more payload get a truck. I know a lot of people who tour all over the county and never really want in JK’s and JL’s. And when they get to Moab or Northern California then can run hells revenge and the Rubicon with out thinking twice. Again I really like the new Defender just not its face. The Bronco just dose it better. And the Grenadier we shall see it’s still just CGI like the Dinosaurs in Jurassic Park.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles