New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

Blaise

#nosolidaxlescantleaveparkinglot

a5f7098ff69160ee4517316678d05341.jpg

Last edited:

T-Willy

It is very very cool that they used rugged materials inside instead of leather.
How dare me say, I am starting to like this new defender.

I like the interior materials too, and especially the dash shelf. The entirely computerized system interface makes me uneasy. The third row seems useless enough to be a waste of what should be a bit more storage space.

Corgi_express

The third row is pretty stupid, but luckily it's an option. It reminds me of the useless little jump seat we had in our old station wagon.... but then again we rode to a lot of campgrounds in those little crap seats when we were young'ins.

XJLI

Adventurer
Maybe, just maybe, one should probably familiarize themselves with the basics before demonstrating off-road capability for millions of viewers. Unsurprisingly, the latest review contained very little focus on utility and off-road. At least it's a nice car for the masses.

He doesnt need to, for the same reason he doesnt have to use anything better than his iPhone to make videos. People will still watch. I actually hated his early videos bc it sounded like he didnt know anything, and I really enjoyed his old Jalopnik articles... fact is, he knows all of it. He's a TV show host and producer, and he does what he has to to get hits and panders to his audience. After listening to a couple podcasts with him on it I realized that and appreciated the videos more.

Red90

Adventurer
Rage/Hate thread = say whatever you want (about the Defender)
Love Thread = say nice things

:)

The moderation on these forums is the strangest I've seen anywhere on the net. Insane levels of content control in these threads (you are not enforcing rules, you are controlling content) and then allow people to break every forum rule in other threads.

Basically you are saying you only need to stay on topic for specific threads that you deem worthy which is randomly decided in a moderator game of darts. FYI, staying on topic is not within the forum rule list.

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
The moderation on these forums is the strangest I've seen anywhere on the net. Insane levels of content control in these threads (you are not enforcing rules, you are controlling content) and then allow people to break every forum rule in other threads.

Basically you are saying you only need to stay on topic for specific threads that you deem worthy which is randomly decided in a moderator game of darts. FYI, staying on topic is not within the forum rule list.

That's what makes us special.

EricTyrrell

Expo God
Land Rover calls it a Defender, which makes it... a Defender! Which is like.... a fact, man. lol

#notmydefender #fakenews #yellingatcloud #damnkidsoffmylawn

I believe you've confused arbitrary badges and outrage, although that is the point of this thread, with recognizing overwhelming evidence of correlation.

EricTyrrell

Expo God
Overwhelming evidence of how backwards and ridiculous people still act in an era of technology making everything better.

You don't get it. Tech isn't the problem. It's how it's used and packaged. Anyways, how does JLR passing off what is objectively an LR5 with fake Defender styling, as an honest attempt at a Defender, have anything to do with tech? It doesn't.

Blaise

I believe you've confused arbitrary badges and outrage, although that is the point of this thread, with recognizing overwhelming evidence of correlation.

Arbitrary official naming, development, design, certification, manufacturing, marketing, testing.

Your 'overwhelming' evidence would be laughed out of any meeting in an R&D or marketing setting.

JLR Designers: We've come up with a vehicle with better geometries than the JLU Rubicon, with significantly higher payload and nearly no on-road compromises.
JLR Marketing dept: Fantastic. We can confirm that this styling and on-road capability will significantly improve our sales in both urban and "casual" 4x4 users while still maintaining the needs of our hardcore users.
JLR Certification/Build Team: We can build this all for $49k US!
JLR Sales team: LETS DO THIS. Wow we can even throw $10k on top of MSRP for the early units and sell them in a day!

EricTyrrell: You guys are all idiots, this is a fake Defender.

Except they can't hear you, bc you're just typing on the internet. Please please please please PLEASE take a job in R&D and try this. Please. hahahahahhaahah

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Blaise

This is just like when Apple spends millions and MILLIONS of dollars in incredible R&D and put out a new phone.

Internet: It's the same damn phone just with a slightly nicer camera and slightly faster processor. THEY'RE TRYING TO RIP US OFF. And they program the batteries to fail in 2 years!

Yea dude, tell us about how much better you can do R&D work.

EricTyrrell

Expo God

Arbitrary official naming, development, design, certification, manufacturing, marketing, testing.

Your 'overwhelming' evidence would be laughed out of any meeting in an R&D or marketing setting.

JLR Designers: We've come up with a vehicle with better geometries than the JLU Rubicon, with significantly higher payload and nearly no on-road compromises.
JLR Marketing dept: Fantastic. We can confirm that this styling and on-road capability will significantly improve our sales in both urban and "casual" 4x4 users while still maintaining the needs of our hardcore users.
JLR Certification/Build Team: We can build this all for $49k US!
JLR Sales team: LETS DO THIS. Wow we can even throw $10k on top of MSRP for the early units and sell them in a day!

EricTyrrell: You guys are all idiots, this is a fake Defender.

Except they can't hear you, bc you're just typing on the internet. Please please please please PLEASE take a job in R&D and try this. Please. hahahahahhaahah

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Keep going. Every bit makes it more clear you don't have a clue how any of this works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles