New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

Carson G

I believe LR made a product for that.. what was it called again?
IDK because they’ve never made a vehicle with front and rear lockers or with a sway bar disconnect (with solid axles). The old Defender only had a center locking diff and the later ones had a form of basic traction control. ASPW even said the Jeep JK Rubicon was better than the old Defender off road by quite a bit. The Defender was better at everything else though. That’s pretty much how it’s always been. Jeep has always been the best vehicle for ultra hard core off road work. However If you want an expedition vehicle you go LR or Toyota.

DorB

Adventurer
@Doron @EricTyrrell @JeepColorado get a first hand report from the guy who actually talked to the video producer on what we predicted before we get the information from the guy who was actually there;
I did.. before it was brought here.
I read the first hand impression of one of the participant in the video.
It’s a bit different from what you quoted.
Lost in translation?

You try to put words in my keyboard but that won’t work.
There are things you see in the video which is what is.. tires spinning, and hanging on belly..bad TC fighting for grip.. and locker ?

I don’t ״hate” LR, I’m just disappointed with the current SUV that LR insist to call Defender.
I really like the original Defender.
It had tons of character, off-road ability, could be personalised by what you want it to be, drill it without fear, and not shead tears when it’s scratched by random brush or rock.
Use it as an overland capable traversing rock gardens like the one filmed with ease, or a true rock crawler.
Even with its endless small bugs, it keeps on going, and if it broke down on trail, you could fix most of it with pice of wire and a letherman tool and keep on.

LR figured there is no economic justification to continue the current Defender or modernise it as Toyota did with the 70 series, and chose to shift their aim towards the high-end rich customers that will think they drive a Defender, when most of them would never see the original Defender as an option.

Last edited:

EricTyrrell

Expo God
the Jeep JK Rubicon was better than the old Defender off road by quite a bit.
Of course it was. It's the closest thing we have to a new Defender.

That’s pretty much how it’s always been. Jeep has always been the best vehicle for ultra hard core off road work.

The 80s and 90s would beg to differ.

Blaise

Jeep has always been the best vehicle for ultra hard core off road work. However If you want an expedition vehicle you go LR or Toyota.

Yep. Exactly. Different trucks for different use case. Poison Spider may be considered tame for some but it's as rough as I'd want to go in my travel rig.

JeepColorado

Yep. Exactly. Different trucks for different use case. Poison Spider may be considered tame for some but it's as rough as I'd want to go in my travel rig.

The difference I think being that the Jeep has made tremendous strides in ride quality and luxury relative to LR, largely closing the gap, whereas LR still falls behind in capability and reliability, is more complicated, more expensive, and will have less available parts and likelihood that you can get repairs

IDK because they’ve never made a vehicle with front and rear lockers or with a sway bar disconnect (with solid axles). The old Defender only had a center locking diff and the later ones had a form of basic traction control. ASPW even said the Jeep JK Rubicon was better than the old Defender off road by quite a bit. The Defender was better at everything else though. That’s pretty much how it’s always been. Jeep has always been the best vehicle for ultra hard core off road work. However If you want an expedition vehicle you go LR or Toyota.

God I would hope a JK is more capable than a 30 year old design.

The difference I think being that the Jeep has made tremendous strides in ride quality and luxury relative to LR, largely closing the gap, whereas LR still falls behind in capability and reliability, is more complicated, more expensive, and will have less available parts and likelihood that you can get repairs

So much so that it rates a 2.0 on reliability scale and top 10 in 2018 and up highest recall lists. I mean considering 3 bailouts in the last decade, Jeep should be 100%. You Trolls always seem to be so biased on just one vehicle; its quite comically disturbing how angry and emo you guys are over this when you can just go back to your own threads while the rest of us try to expand on the entire community.

*****booooohhooo, the new Defender has the name of the old one I wanted exactly like I wanted one but it didn't happen and if it did I still would't be happy; I am angry and sad, and soooooo emo; I will project my feelings on this vehicle it's followers forever because I want my way and no change!

If it had a different name you guys would still be here saying the same thing.

Meanwhile, I'll put my 08 up against any of your rigs @JeepColorado @Doron and especially @EricTyrrell (like the new avatar of someone else off-roading from Camel Trophy by the way). I'll do it blindly since we have not seen anything any of you drive and bash on all others.

Oh wait...I think I did see @JeepColorado $65k Rubicon; I think you bragged about a while back with your Instagram post of fresh tracks in the snow with the freeway packed down trail behind you of the other grammars? I'll be in Colorado in a few months with my 08 (12 year old) LR3; pick your place and trails! Let's plan on say, a week and some change and 750-1000 miles; around 500+ of yours and 500+ of mine? I have to use you man; sorry cuz @Doron is a bit far of a commute for me and @EricTyrrell drives.......well we don't really know what he drives but we do know you have a nice Rubi so you gotta be it. You can bring your $45k vehicle and whatever $18k of mods with you that you were chatting about and I'll just bring my LR3 and my KM2's, I even downgraded the brakes for you to stuff the 17" wheels but all OEM and Discovery 3 factory parts and Euro option vehicle.

Willing to put my vehicle and my skills on yours; you pick your trails and then I'll pick mine! Takers? All in good fun? Anyone? FB live for you guys so the rest can see where we all stand live and unclipped YouTube posts.

Now don't be putting a 4" lift on there and 35+....let's do current configurations; your new locked Rubi and my open diff 12 year old LR3.

Maybe by then we will have a US Spec D110 to come with us so we can compare TC and Locker technology from my dinosaur 08 to the 18-20's Jeep and the New Defender D110 P400; I'm guessing, no predicting I'm going to be someplace in the middle but who will be on top after those 750-1000 miles?

Jeep or LR?

m(a)ce

Adventurer
same- just saw one in person and looks good/proportional.

is it a real Defender? I’ll leave that to you guys...

82370725a6e2530f38e2edb7de7896de.jpg

6683559c41466c67f32937687ee3cce5.jpg

852a7b03f224c4afac6ecc64cb446bbd.jpg

d38a0988254885c1b0e9dddb541789c5.jpg

d8fd33823e4c8efd7992228e90c17573.jpg

38e2ce27125419873410eb40961b5408.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94