New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

soflorovers

The video below sure beats the concrete-laden track of a well-manicured proving grounds or the wet gravel roads of an estate- I'll be waiting for your video of a modern LR doing anything close to the below.

I'm not certain if Zwart directed that commercial, but I do recall hearing that the obstacle used in that commercial was man-made...

Edit: Here you go

soflorovers

I wonder who did that cute concrete obstacle course,
I want him to do some concrete work on my driveway,
you think if I call Land Rover North America they will have the contractors number ?

Honestly Land Rover should be ashamed to show that kind of obstacle course as part of the fake campaign.
As I said before, streets of downtown LA have more Challenging obstacles than that concrete mall they were driving on.

they went from this kind of awesome commercial to Boring, fake, unattractive commercial just like the new defender itself is.

I hate how Hollywood portrayals of vehicles may be incredibly flawed as they oftentimes portray vehicles as invincible, but I wouldn't exactly call the below commercial boring or fake (I didn't spot a single ounce of CGI). That said, I feel like NOTHING will ever change your opinion. I will agree with you on one thing though: LR used to give waaaayyyy more "F's" about their marketing. There was a lighthearted tone to their ads that not only made you smile, but also made their products appear different from everything else. I really do miss the early 90's ads. LR does acknowledge their old ads, and even replicated some of their old RRC ads when the L405 came out, but I do feel that the magic has gone missing from their marketing materials.

REDROVER

Explorer
What happened to tread lightly ideology ?
or Land Rover doesn’t care anymore?
Defender driving through the river bed.

the advertise video is absolutely unrealistic video, fast and furious?
now go watch the advertisement videos of 90s and you will see why I call modern Land Rover advertising fake and boring.

Be honest , was there anything in that video that was inspiring to own a defender and take it out to explore?

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Still my all-time favorite LR ad. At least three of my friends saw this ad, thought of me, cut it out of the magazine and gave it to me. :) Take about being stereotyped.

Attachments

• IMG_2080.jpg
    IMG_2080.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 39
You refer to it as a proved “global exploration” before it completed the first real world use.

What vehicle has done more on its debut; there are a million videos of it floating around touching and thriving in almost all of its intended environments. Yeah, it's marketing, but show me another vehicle or company that is doing the same.

Everyone bitches about JLR not getting back to its roots of overloading and 95% of the Defender's marketing as been just that; yet you still ********** about it.

You're all trolling sheep if you think any of any OEM are doing anything close to what JLR is selling the new Defender as.

Not Jeep, not Toyota, not Mercedes..........nobody is promoting a single vehicle like this in so many environments; NOBODY!

This is where you try to sell me that so many other vehicles are soooooooo proven and the Defender is not. You can't get out of your own ways and stuck in the Stone Age.

Space X does what NASA does at 2% the cost, 8000% the operational success/missions, in a 1/10th of the time and you are still hanging onto a single dimensional vehicle that the new Defender will run the nuts off in 99% of the same environments.......FACT.........

I'm not certain if Zwart directed that commercial, but I do recall hearing that the obstacle used in that commercial was man-made...

Edit: Here you go

That, my friend is an absolutely epic posting that the JEEP was filmed with multi-millions of dollars of SuperBowl add footage in a manmade lake and waterfall.........:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You wanna talk about Irony for the post and all the haters of the Defender crossing the river in Namibia.........Suck it; all 2 million gallons of natural ****** river running Namibia water you Sheep!

Didn't I mention the crew fly fishing between takes; I guess they couldn't even do that in their man-made, fish free, nature granola, stream crossing, up the Cabela's store Cabelas water fall....................:LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Throwing this raw meat into the cage (saw it on FB today) so you animals can get to 100 pages! Fire away! :)

Ummmmmm, multi-link, shock/spring separate suspension started in 1970 something. It's been on the Ford SuperDuty for well over a decade; that's a marketing statement for the SHEEP who don't know anything about innovation and suspension progression (NOT you man, I know you are just throwing fuel on the fire but it's burins the Ineos and not the Defender....hahahaha....good one though, trying for 100 dang it!
What happened to tread lightly ideology ?
or Land Rover doesn’t care anymore?
Defender driving through the river bed.

the advertise video is absolutely unrealistic video, fast and furious?
now go watch the advertisement videos of 90s and you will see why I call modern Land Rover advertising fake and boring.

Be honest , was there anything in that video that was inspiring to own a defender and take it out to explore?

Not the jumping video and not even the pro driving videos of the Defender stunt woman driver who clearing took the Defender to the next level and it kept going; come on Red, you know that lady drove the ******** out of that Defender(s) in the Bond flick and give it props.

On that note, you're back-peddling; now you're going to bust on JLR for not treading lightly and just before saying they haven't done anything real world? Why are they not treading lightly when they are driving on back-country roads that routinely wash out with flash flooding and such; this is normal life in many countries throughout Africa and the rest of the planet; they chose to cross it, JEEP decided to use Cabelas and Bass Pro Shops and paid $5 million dollars and got sued for it...........:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
We are pretty close.

Now would be a good time to politely mention that my leniency for personal attack(s) and other inflammatory comments is running thin.

onemanarmy

Explorer
Like was mentioned before....this debacle could have been avoided if 1 single person with common sense had spoken up at the preliminary meetings on this vehicle and pleaded to "not sully the Defender name and image"

What makes this new, rebodied D5, a 'Defender'?

Those marketing vids are cool and all, but most any new SUV with AT tires can do most if it, especially if you're not concerned with breakage, like photographers.

Red90

Adventurer
Like was mentioned before....this debacle could have been avoided if 1 single person with common sense had spoken up at the preliminary meetings on this vehicle and pleaded to "not sully the Defender name and image"

Those people were fired.

XJLI

Adventurer
I actually saw a green D5 with a bit of mud on it yesterday and I didnt hate it. A tire carrier on the back would fix it, probably.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
No, no, you see, Jeeps are different because reasons. Jeeps can have technology because they've *earned* it. They don't *need* it so it's okay.

Land Rovers can't have technology because one of them a long time ago didn't, and a farmer used it to haul a wayward sheep over some foggy moor somewhere, and then it broke in some way, and he fixed it in the moor with a small wrench and a bit of woolen twine he loomed from the sheep on the spot, so whatever that one was it must be good enough for all time.

:sneaky::p
There you go all Rovers must come with a Sheep.

JeepColorado

What makes this new, rebodied D5, a 'Defender'?

Those marketing vids are cool and all, but most any new SUV with AT tires can do most if it, especially if you're not concerned with breakage, like photographers.

I think there probably were those voices- in fact there was an article that talked about the balance between engineering and design- the designers one- which is why it's a fashion bauble lacking in authenticity and character

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles