New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

JackW

Explorer
Yes. 17” is probably the most common size these days.
I'll take you guys word for it on the 17's - all of my experience is with even number tire sizes. My LR3 had 19" wheels on it when I bought it and there was crap offered back then (about 8 years ago) so I bought a set of 18" wheels for it. My old Land Rovers have 16's and the D5 has 20's.

Jwestpro

Explorer
I'll take you guys word for it on the 17's - all of my experience is with even number tire sizes. My LR3 had 19" wheels on it when I bought it and there was crap offered back then (about 8 years ago) so I bought a set of 18" wheels for it. My old Land Rovers have 16's and the D5 has 20's.

All you have to do for a general idea is look at Tire Rack choices under BFG 17 vs 19. It's not even a contest.

Jwestpro

Explorer
At the moment, I own a Land Cruiser. But, I'd be happy to wheel with you guys, if the group was ok with it.

HAHAHAHA. You come to the LR board to get your dose of complaints ? When I catch up on the Ih8mud sections it's really more about what someone did or is about to do rather than the endless problems or complaints on LR boards LOL What do I love about the LR3 in particular (over previous Discos I still have) ? The air suspension among other things. What do I hate about the modern LR's? The air suspension LOL because it can be a big PITA.

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
HAHAHAHA. You come to the LR board to get your dose of complaints ? When I catch up on the Ih8mud sections it's really more about what someone did or is about to do rather than the endless problems or complaints on LR boards LOL What do I love about the LR3 in particular (over previous Discos I still have) ? The air suspension among other things. What do I hate about the modern LR's? The air suspension LOL because it can be a big PITA.
Haha, yep. I'm an idiot. ...and I know what you mean about the air suspension being the best/worst thing on the vehicle. Stuff like that makes it a labor of love, haha.

DieselRanger

US Build site:
2.0L Engine - 18" or 19"
3.0L - 20" only
19" are available on the. 3.0 as a no-cost option, there's a drop-down that lets you select them.

18" are not available on the 3.0, likely because of the larger brakes fitted with the more powerful engine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

DieselRanger

No there is an 18" alloy wheel available as well. I don't think that 19's are offered, which is fine because the selection of good 19" tires is very limited ( as well as 17" tires). Tire manufacturers are starting to offer some good 20" tire choices.
19's are absolutely offered, and they offer them with the off-road tire package that includes Wrangler DuraTracs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

mpinco

Expedition Leader

This came up in my news feed today. Maybe they will make a version that gets back to the more utilitarian roots of the Defender.

At one time mentioned as built in India. Will basically be a smaller Defender body on the Evoque-like platform. Think Mini Countryman. A low-cost car-like 'Defender'. Engine size less than 2.0L. There is also thoughts to offer it across Jaguar and RR but with different features.

soflorovers

Where are you based? I'm in New England. It would be fun to get together and have a friendly grudge match. In face, a group of us are heading out tomorrow, if you want to join. PM me if you're interested.
Sorry, just saw this. I'm based out of South Florida. Would've been a possibility if I still lived in Philly ?

roving1

@Pilat You need to get out a bit more I think and stop philosophizing about all the garbage you read somewhere on the internet. You got a lot of angst built up and some fresh air will probably do you good. Your arguments have many, many flaws in them with broad assumptions and disregard for a host of variables. It makes most of your statements either entirely false, or only minimally accurate at best because of all the other factors you ignore. You can theorize all you want on the benefits of IFS vs solid axle. The fact is there are limitations to both (you know, because of physics). But a wholesale dismissal of a solid axle because you *think* IFS is superior is ignorant.

Could not agree more. It's funny how gazing from afar in these threads the zealots and people that have some actual real wold experience and an easy logic to their arguments stand out from each other. The zealots are the same no matter what the Brand may be. But they always share the same complete utter lack of self realization that they are zealots. ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior