New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

Blaise

Would be awfully difficult to design/test/produce anything without standards. What's this got to do with technician certification?

JeepColorado

$100 refundable deposit does nothing but allow you to release the headline 'already sold out.' Tesla did the same for the Cybertruck in a more extreme manner without having an actual vehicle that had even been considered for production.

Either way I'm glad Ford has a proper 4x4, the same way I'm glad the JL exists, and how I'm glad the new Defender exists, and if Toyota ever releases anything more than a new color, that'll be cool too.

I'm not a loyalist to anyone (currently got Italian, British, japanese, and american toys) - but I'm gonna keep calling out people to pretend to be able to instantly out-design LR with a quick internet post. Like whomever claimed their common sense was better than an SAE test :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Man, you put a lot of faith in corporations. I disagree with you about Design- designers at LR are bound....and there's good evidence in this case with all of the info about McGovern, that they were particularly bound to his particular vision.

Myself and many others however are not. If the rave reviews pouring in are any indication Ford did a phenomenal job designing something people can get excited about- they truly captured the spirit of the original, they simply made it modern. They did a great job balancing the heart and soul of the original with the current needs of crash tests and expectations of comfort as far as we can tell.

LR adhered to esoteric design principles only appreciated by the London Art scene that have very little relevance to real life and even less to life off pavement. Form Follows Function- look at the Grenadier, Look at the Bronco, Look at the Wrangler-....it is immediately apparent what is their function.

I don't need an Art degree to ascertain it.

Red90

Adventurer
I live In North America. You are never more that 60 miles form Food or Gas here. (Yes yes I know you can get farther off grid). So weekend Warriors are all you need. And if you need more payload get a truck. I know a lot of people who tour all over the county and never really want in JK’s and JL’s. And when they get to Moab or Northern California then can run hells revenge and the Rubicon with out thinking twice. Again I really like the new Defender just not its face. The Bronco just dose it better. And the Grenadier we shall see it’s still just CGI like the Dinosaurs in Jurassic Park.

I’m in North America and regularly do trips that are a week in low range with three days of driving to anybody. You need to get out more.

That said 1300 pounds payload is fine.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I’m in North America and regularly do trips that are a week in low range with three days of driving to anybody. You need to get out more.

That said 1300 pounds payload is fine.
Oh I do get out, but non of these Trucks, no not even Defender, Bronco or Wrangler can make it to where I'm going...

That said, The will all do just fine to get to the trail head.

Attachments

• IMG_9830.jpg
    IMG_9830.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9831.jpg
    IMG_9831.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9829.jpg
    IMG_9829.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 17

Red90

Adventurer
Oh I do get out, but non of these Trucks, no not even Defender, Bronco or Wrangler can make it to where I'm going...

That said, The will all do just fine to get to the trail head.

I do that as well but that is not the subject of these forums. There are many places where we travel that are extremely remote by vehicle. There is no need for large payloads.

T-Willy

I do that as well but that is not the subject of these forums. There are many places where we travel that are extremely remote by vehicle. There is no need for large payloads.

This depends on where you go, with how many people, and for how long. What you mean to say is that, given the places and ways that you travel, that you have no need to large payloads.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
?‍♂️ I was thinking about a 90 or Gladiator to relapse my LR3...

Now I am going to wait for a 2 door Bronco.

I need My 4x4 do to do this.
IMG_5242.jpg

back to Defender hate. Imagine if Gerry had made a real modern copy of the old Defender clip like Ford did with the Bronco. It would have made them a lot of money... I still hope this one will, but I will not be buying any more Land Rovers... Hell My wife who is a Die Hard Green Oval fan said She will get a GX460 instead of a New Discovery. She just dose not like the new design language..

Red90

Adventurer
This depends on where you go, with how many people, and for how long. What you mean to say is that, given the places and ways that you travel, that you have no need to large payloads.

I’ve travelled all over the world with many sized groups. You do not need payloads that high. People bring a lot of crap that they want. It is not needed.

Red90

Adventurer
I’ve travelled all over the world with many sized groups. You do not need payloads that high. People bring a lot of crap that they want. It is not needed.

As to the Defender payload matters not as it has very poor cargo volume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior