New Defender Rage/Hate Thread

JeepColorado

From what I heard 33’s fit perfectly fine dead stock at normal ride height. It’s only a half inch bigger in diameter than stock.

The front end isn’t that bad in person a little plain but not bad. The factory bull bar makes it look a lot better IMO. View attachment 590851

It does look better with the factory bull bar- I think the front-end protection option would look good with the winch as well, but I don't think you can do both; at least not per the website.

Carson G

It does look better with the factory bull bar- I think the front-end protection option would look good with the winch as well, but I don't think you can do both; at least not per the website.
The bull bar is winch compatible it has the slot for the winch line on the front of it and a Warn mount plate. LR also has the front end protection option with the winch mount as well, both should be available later this year.

DorB

Adventurer
Grew up on a farm, 25 years military around the globe, engineer in Aerospace, predominately in EMS, LE, and Fire back country helicopters industry; pretty sure I have "innovation, expansive mind, and confidence in my ability. What was that part about open mind you keep coming back to about how the Defender is junk no matter what compared to all of the last 20 or so pages of BS you published; is that open minded?
Never said it’s junk.
Never posted as much as you claim.
You make assumptions based on your own rage.
That’s not open mind approach, sorry.

Cool down, it’s not healthy.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I guess it could always compete with the Porsche Cayenne. Albeit, compete slower.

Battle of the Suvs with low profile tires.

DieselRanger

Do you know if those 18s are fitted on a P400 with the big(ger) brakes? That would be good news, since nothing smaller than 19" fits from the factory on that trim, you need to order the smaller engine to get 18" wheels. I kinda like the way those in the photo look, too. Sorry for the non raging non hating question.
There is apparently a "knuckle extender" that sits on the wheel side of the suspension- nobody seems to know what it is or does, but it may be removable, in which case it looks like the 18" would fit. Otherwise 19" is the smallest you'll get.

JeepColorado

Does anyone know why the winch kit is removed when you add the "A-Frame Protection Bar"? Is it because the A-Bar can already mount a winch or are the two not compatible?

EricTyrrell

Expo God
Does anyone know why the winch kit is removed when you add the "A-Frame Protection Bar"? Is it because the A-Bar can already mount a winch or are the two not compatible?

Do you have to ask? Their employees are the type that are surprised to find larger tires improve off-road performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne